Best Short Bahamas Cruise for Families?

LCO

Hello,

My husband and I are hoping to take our kids on a cruise to the Bahamas next year, probably in the summer, but have no idea which cruise line would be best. We have two kids, a daughter who will be 13 next year, and a son who will be 8 next year. We're looking for a 4-5 day cruise. We want one that has a lot of kids' activities, and we're not into drinking or partying, so we're hoping to find one that doesn't have a rowdy, drunken, college kids atmosphere. My husband and I went on a cruise years ago, before we had our kids, but the cruise line (Majesty cruise lines) is no longer in business (at least I don't think it is), so we have limited experience with cruising. Any suggestions?

Few cruises have "drunken rowdy college" atmospheres....since most lines won't allow kid's under 21 (and in some cases, 25) to cruise without a "real" adult!

Both Carnival, NCL, and RCI....will have the best prices and will be fine for your family.

We took our son who was 9 months at the time on a 3 day Carnival Sensation cruise to Nassau. I don't remember it being a party boat..maybe since we avoided those type of areas at the peak times.

It was a blast! And Nassau is great for kids.

I'll confess we took Disney on our first 3 night cruise to the Bahamas. We all loved it. Even DH who isn't a Disney fan had a good time. :) Yes, it is more expensive but if you like Disney it would be worth the extra money. The shows are clean-cut and you never have to worry about what your kids might see. There are no pool side parties that are not appropriate. The other big plus is that all soda on the ship is included in the price!! :)

I've taken a lot of cruises. You would be amazed at how quiet the top decks are at night. I've never had any issues with lots of partying during non-spring break cruises. I would recommend doing a cruise line that goes to a private island. Disney, Royal Caribbean, NCL, Princess and a few others have their own island. That is a great treat!!! It's better than an extra day in the Bahamas.

I really wanted to do a Royal Carribean cruise to the Bahamas because the prices are great, and if it stops at Coco Cay they have a Fisher Price Power Wheels track for kids 3-8 and a water playground. They have a 4 day one that sails out of Port Canaveral. We are going on Carnival Fascination next month, and the ship has a new water play area that I think my kids will love, and Half Moon Cay looks fun for the kids, and of course in Nassau is Atlantis which kids will LOVE. Disney is another option, but pricer. We are thinking of doing a 7 day Disney cruise next year.

Archived