No Past Guest Discount???

munchkin4

We booked ES so I have been checking regularly to see if there has been a price drop on our cruise. Beginning the first of this week, they are showing that Past Guest discount is not available for Oceanview rooms. At first I thought maybe all the OV were booked. Then I realized that you can get a Fun Select rate for an OV. So they are saying that since I am past guest, I can't get and OV? I guess I'm a little confused on that. I did check to make sure that I was signed in so my past guest info would apply for discount. Is it just a website glitch??

You can get one. You just can't get a Past Guest rate on one. ;)

Carnival must not feel the need to give a past guest rate on OV's for your sailing right now. Maybe be selling good or they expect them to sell without offering a lower rate to past guests. Carnival may not have any past guest rates on a specific sailing or may have them on one category or more but not all, etc. Of course that can change so keep checking the rates!

Depending on how a cruise is selling, which rates they offer to get the ship booked up. They may offer senior for just insides, or pull ES early for balconys, depends on supply and demand, nothing to do with you personally or that you are a past guest. If a rate isnt offered then you cant get it.

We booked ES so I have been checking regularly to see if there has been a price drop on our cruise. Beginning the first of this week, they are showing that Past Guest discount is not available for Oceanview rooms. At first I thought maybe all the OV were booked. Then I realized that you can get a Fun Select rate for an OV. So they are saying that since I am past guest, I can't get and OV? I guess I'm a little confused on that. I did check to make sure that I was signed in so my past guest info would apply for discount. Is it just a website glitch??

All businesses capacity control discount rates. So many residents rates are available, when they are sold they are gone. So many PG rates, military, senior etc. The entire ship from itinerary listing until sailing is not available at a discount!

Same as airlines sell so many seats a a deep discount, so many at a lesser discount, on up to so many at a PREMIUM price! Its just marketing.

When our group of ten booked (all past guests) our cruise, which granted is still a long ways off, we were told that there were no past guest discounts or senior discounts (my mother and her boyfriend) available. They said they would notify us if they became available. I doubt it. But we still got really good rates, so I am happy!

We currently have one cruise booked that does not (at this time) have a Past Guest Discount.

My PVP is watching it should Carnival add one.

But it is the only time this has happened so far...so that isn't bad out of all these cruises.

When our group of ten booked (all past guests) our cruise, which granted is still a long ways off, we were told that there were no past guest discounts or senior discounts (my mother and her boyfriend) available. They said they would notify us if they became available. I doubt it. But we still got really good rates, so I am happy!

I would keep an eye on it myself. I always find the discounts before my pvp.

I guess I just hadn't run across this before on any other cruises. I guess I thought that was just one of the perks of repeat business. I didn't know that they limited the number of past guest discounts. Oh well, I got an excellent rate on ES and learned today that I need to really watch the rates as I book a cruise. Probably no hopes of OBC credit now and the Fun Saver rate is $100 more that what I booked. As always, valuable info gained on CC. I'm under 30 days....that's all that matters now!

I guess I just hadn't run across this before on any other cruises. I guess I thought that was just one of the perks of repeat business. I didn't know that they limited the number of past guest discounts. Oh well, I got an excellent rate on ES and learned today that I need to really watch the rates as I book a cruise. Probably no hopes of OBC credit now and the Fun Saver rate is $100 more that what I booked. As always, valuable info gained on CC. I'm under 30 days....that's all that matters now!

Its very rare for past guest to be less than ES, so its probably not a big deal, as ES is a better price.

If you are under 30 days, and its not offered, then you ship is filling up well ... but keep an eye out .. ya never know.

There are no residential (for us) or past guest rates available for our July cruise. They may come later, I dont' know but there is only one room left in our category so I think what we got is as good as it gets this time with early saver.

If you are under 30 days, and its not offered, then you ship is filling up well ... but keep an eye out .. ya never know.

I went back in today to check and the past guest was back up there. Still not as good as our ES so no big hope for OBC but you can bet I'll be checking everyday. Thanks for the info.

Archived