Is there a limit to OBC's???

JEDIKNIGHT

Due to a deposit I put for a "future sailing" I qualify for $200 OBC on any upcoming cruise , courtesy of X.

I'm close to booking a cruise now(multiple suites) and had the TA discussing $400 OBC per cabin.

But then he said that on a 7 day, X limits OBC's to $200 because they feel that it's possible that someone might be left with a positive balance at the end of the cruise, if they don't spend all the money.

Any truth to this? Thanks

I've never been told that there was a limit. On my upcoming cruise I have $780 in on board credits waiting for me. It's an 11 night cruise.

$480 was from a refund of the cruise price being lowered (I could have chosen to have the amount credited to my credit card but chose OBCs).

$200 shareholder benefit

$100 Celebrity Rewards Visa points purchasing OBCs.

Nope. You can have as much OBC as you can arrange. There is only so much that Celebrity will give or allow you to have from their programs. If someone else pays for the OBC you can have as much as they are willing to give.

Take care,

Mike

Due to a deposit I put for a "future sailing" I qualify for $200 OBC on any upcoming cruise , courtesy of X.

I'm close to booking a cruise now(multiple suites) and had the TA discussing $400 OBC per cabin.

But then he said that on a 7 day, X limits OBC's to $200 because they feel that it's possible that someone might be left with a positive balance at the end of the cruise, if they don't spend all the money.

Technically, according to Celebrity policy, that's correct, although the reason you were given is dubious. As part of their "No Discount" policy they also have a policy with limits to onboard credit. The policy is no more than 10% or $50 for a 3-5 night cruise, $200 for a 6-9 night, and $250 for a 10+ night. This is from a travel agent. So technically, that's their policy.

Reality however is different.

On our last cruise in December, we had $1895 in on-board credit. It was a 15 night cruise over the holidays. We had credit from our TA, credit back from the cruise line for a price drop after final payment and an added discount after final payment for military. My husband is retired Coast Guard. We spent it all. We waited to book all our shore excursions until we got on the ship. It was great!

Celebrity a unit of RCL :NYSE may be as we have in Washington D.C.:mad: now making rules and restrictions behind Closed Doors |/ eh...

Oh golly gee wilikers and once a rule/regulation is in your not able to get rid of it/them either...

They are able to make any rule, charges and/or changes up top and including until we cross the threshold on the ships gang-plank...

Even then they have added fuel -surcharges too.

So in the end it does depend what is and has been agreed upon.. find all factors before you go so as you may have a copy to show at the Pursers Desk Location..as you well no the satff will fain any knowledge of things.. so yes a Paper Trail is best to retain for Proof.:cool:

Archived