Carnival better be careful with their prices

You definitively need to educate yourself a little more. Perhaps cruising RCL will expand your horizons.

Carnival Dream vs. Freedom of the seas... are you kidding me? have you seen the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS?

Your comment is joke!

Here, let me help you... and allow me to introduce Freedom of the seas

Now, would you like to re-analize your comment?

Crystal K.

Crystal, very nice video. All the best on your marriage. I have to agree that Royal Caribbean's ships have a lot more to offer than Carnival's does. I've toured Independence and Liberty of the Seas. The extras you pay Royal Caribbean for, I don't use, hence the reason I haven't cruise more than once with them. Oasis of the Seas was built for cruisers who see that ship as a destination, hence so few ports of call. It is a fantastic ship.

You think people are going to sail Carnival when their prices are higher than a line with a little more quality? Keep looking, for what? ;)

Not everyone thinks that Royal Caribbean is higher quality. I have sailed many cruise lines and in spite of what you might think, they are more alike than different.

There are people who love Carnival and will only sail on them. Does that make them wrong? My suggestion to look to see what suits each individual is valid, even if you don't agree. Not everyone wants a rock climbing wall, the ice skating, the flow rider etc. There are many cruise lines from which to choose and many people prefer different lines for different reasons. :D

I am not talking just about RCCL. Its the only line I have yet to sail, in Oct. However, comparing prices between for example, the Dream and any Celebrity ship, there is no comparison. If the price is not lower, Celebrity is quality. We have sailed Carnival, only once. We had a good time but we enjoy a nice 'adults only' area, found the activities lacking, and the food was nothing to talk about. That was our humble opinon and everyone has there likes and dislikes.

That's because Carnival only has one TransCanal (repositioning) this year; it's on Elation and is thisclose to sold out at point. A couple months ago, an inside room on that cruise could be had for $800pp; now it's $1400pp.

The cheapest price seen on this cruise was $879 PP for a 1A a long time ago. Celebrity has 1 extra day, no bunk beds and is priced at $749 right now along with $150 OBC on a way better ship than the Elation IMO. You do the math as to what is the better value. I am milestone with CCL but I am only loyal to the bottom line ..$$$..

To me, Carnival does offer better food quality than Royal. That's it.

The ship itself, decoration, activities, overall experience is better on Royal. However, I'm a modern person.... I'm young

I love glass doors, modern-clear interiors, jacussis hanging from decks, I do ride the flowrider, also ice-skate, love their ice skating shows, enjoy the island parades on the royal promenade, visit Jhonny rockets, jump in the H2o zone even thought I'm not a kid, boogie board like there's no tomorrow, and rock climb whenever there's noone looking (coz I'm scared of heights). I also find Boleros to be extremelly fun, and you will find me there every night.

Sargent_Schultz: Your opinion is very strong. I respect your enjoying Carnival better, but one thing needs to be clear... my bill at the end of the cruise is the same if I travel Carnival or RCCL.

I don't believe Royal tries to make you pay extra at all, in fact, it all is included once you book. I booked my Freedom of the seas cruise 7 nights for $479. I paid $549 on the Carnival Valor. Which one I would book again? the RCCL Freedom of the seas.

My mother did not ice skate, but she did boggie board. She did enjoy the ice skating shows like no other show she's seen. She had fun in the parades and loved the overall Royal experience. She has tried the Carnival Legend, Elation and Inspiration before...

If you ask her which one she will repeat again, she'll answer: Freedom of the seas.

I have noticed that the prices for cruises in the past two years have been rock bottom prices. Therefore, if the prices are rock bottom or close to it we start noticing the cutbacks and commenting on them. Now that they are doing a slight price increase people start to complain. They are in the business to make a profit and a modest 5% increase is fair.

I love Carnival cuz the food is excellent, the ships beautiful, the entertainment (including the hair chest contest) is great, and the crew are amazing. I would NOT go on RCI's ships because I do not like their deck plans, decor (boring/resortish), and I do not surf, rock climb, skate/or watch skating shows, or eat at a pay restaurant--I can make my own burger the way I like it on a Carnival ship--mayo, onions, cheese, and mushrooms, thus my cruise line of choice is Carnival......

I have done price comparisons on RCI and Carnival, and to say the least Carnival is always considerably cheaper.

We'll all choose the ships/cruise lines we want to go on, so let's all respect each others personal opinions.....

To me, Carnival does offer better food quality than Royal. That's it.

The ship itself, decoration, activities, overall experience is better on Royal. However, I'm a modern person.... I'm young

I love glass doors, modern-clear interiors, jacussis hanging from decks, I do ride the flowrider, also ice-skate, love their ice skating shows, enjoy the island parades on the royal promenade, visit Jhonny rockets, jump in the H2o zone even thought I'm not a kid, boogie board like there's no tomorrow, and rock climb whenever there's noone looking (coz I'm scared of heights). I also find Boleros to be extremelly fun, and you will find me there every night.

Sargent_Schultz: Your opinion is very strong. I respect your enjoying Carnival better, but one thing needs to be clear... my bill at the end of the cruise is the same if I travel Carnival or RCCL.

I don't believe Royal tries to make you pay extra at all, in fact, it all is included once you book. I booked my Freedom of the seas cruise 7 nights for $479. I paid $549 on the Carnival Valor. Which one I would book again? the RCCL Freedom of the seas.

My mother did not ice skate, but she did boggie board. She did enjoy the ice skating shows like no other show she's seen. She had fun in the parades and loved the overall Royal experience. She has tried the Carnival Legend, Elation and Inspiration before...

If you ask her which one she will repeat again, she'll answer: Freedom of the seas.

Gotta agree dear Crystal!!

It's just so funny that people have NEVER sailed a cruise line and talk about a ship as if they have sailed it. Wow.

For people's info (who's never been on Royal) Johnny rockets charges $4.95 for everything you eat.

If you are a past passenger, you get free entrance to Johnny rockets. I also don't pay for restaurants while on a cruise... but love to eat at Johnny's for free!

but of course, like Carnival you get your free burgers, hot-dogs, pizza, etc on the buffett area. Johnny rockets is just a choice.

I would like to try NCL and Celebrity soon, but I can't speak coz I haven't sailed them yet.

Give me a $5000 video camera and a glidecam and I can make a 1988 Ford Festiva look like the perfect vacation destination.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the ship but you chose a video with lots of bells and whistles... and it did give me the idea to bring my glidecam with me on the Dream in Sept, although I'm always self conscious using it.

Yeah, how dare they make a great video. :rolleyes:

The cheapest price seen on this cruise was $879 PP for a 1A a long time ago. Celebrity has 1 extra day, no bunk beds and is priced at $749 right now along with $150 OBC on a way better ship than the Elation IMO. You do the math as to what is the better value. I am milestone with CCL but I am only loyal to the bottom line ..$$$..

Celebrity has lost bookings due to the issue with the CDC "condemning" Mercury over their ongoing Noro issue and have an image problem. They have to try harder.

I had a Outside GTY on Elation booked for under $2500 for the Canal cruise and I could wear jeans. A much better deal.

There is no way Royal can undercut Carnival's price for very long without folding - Carnival's costs are significantly lower. Hopefully you will get to take that cruise before Royal starts canceling cruises. :eek:

Celebrity has lost bookings due to the issue with the CDC "condemning" Mercury over their ongoing Noro issue and have an image problem. They have to try harder.

I had a Outside GTY on Elation booked for under $2500 for the Canal cruise and I could wear jeans. A much better deal.

There is no way Royal can undercut Carnival's price for very long without folding - Carnival's costs are significantly lower. Hopefully you will get to take that cruise before Royal starts canceling cruises. :eek:

Show the data that states Celebrity is losings bookings. Have you ever salied another line? RCCL's saliings are selling very nicely and the prices going up on Oasis, prove that. Carnivals costs are lower, of course, less quality. It would be nice if you really new the facts about other lines before you posted.

Of course for you, its all about wearing jeans. :p

You said it yourself "HAD". Man put away the pom poms for just 1 minute and realize all I am trying to say is that there are alternatives out there and some have better pricing than CCL. CCL is not the only game in town but my guess is you have not taken a cruise on another cruiseline which is fine. Many threads on this board lately about other folks trying other cruiselines that they perceive as a better bargain and if you actually look at prices you will find that to be true.

Show the data that states Celebrity is losings bookings. Have you ever salied another line? RCCL's saliings are selling very nicely and the prices going up on Oasis, prove that. Carnivals costs are lower, of course, less quality. It would be nice if you really new the facts about other lines before you posted.

Of course for you, its all about wearing jeans. :p

I have cruised on a number of other cruise lines, including RCCL. I learned from my mistakes. :rolleyes:

If you think Carnival's costs are lower because of lower quality, you know nothing of what you speak.

RCCL sure is taking on lots of debt with the supersized Mall of the Seas class. Their financial future is in deep doo doo. Have you purchased your Bankruptcy of the Seas insurance, yet?

You said it yourself "HAD". Man put away the pom poms for just 1 minute and realize all I am trying to say is that there are alternatives out there and some have better pricing than CCL. CCL is not the only game in town but my guess is you have not taken a cruise on another cruiseline which is fine. Many threads on this board lately about other folks trying other cruiselines that they perceive as a better bargain and if you actually look at prices you will find that to be true.

I HAD a deposit on THIS year's cruise - canceled for HI instead.

Yes, you are wrong. I have sailed on a number of other cruise lines.

I have cruised on a number of other cruise lines, including RCCL. I learned from my mistakes. :rolleyes:

If you think Carnival's costs are lower because of lower quality, you know nothing of what you speak.

RCCL sure is taking on lots of debt with the supersized Mall of the Seas class. Their financial future is in deep doo doo. Have you purchased your Bankruptcy of the Seas insurance, yet?

Maybe you better reread post #30. I am talking about Celebrity and a sailing that is 98% sold out right now with a month to go before sailing. Yeah that booking is way down alright. Enjoy your "JEANS" on CCL hardly a reason to choose for picking a cruiseline. Go ahead shake those pom poms... Give me a C....give me an A.....Give me an R...

LOL

So, once again where is your data? Prove what you say. I guess we both know nothing of what we speak, huh?

Ra Ra shake those pom poms...;)

I have sailed on Disney, RCCL, Carnival and NCL.

RCCL has the wow factor......ships, ammenities and service. Of course that is just MY opinion and I do not try to force it on others. Let me mention that my family does NOT do the flowrider, ice skating (althoguh we LOVE the ice skating show), or rock wall climbing as that is not our thing. But we just like the OVERALL experience of RCCL. They are the top of my fav list...BUT....

I am heading to the Eastern Caribbean in October on Carnival Liberty because RCCL has no ships heading there the week we need to go. No big deal, I am sure my family will have a great time!!! I am happy to be cruising for fall break!!!!!

Now, if Oasis of the Seas come down in prices, I will jump over to that in a heartbeat!! That looks like one awesome ship and my children are begging to go in it. Perhaps next year but for now, here we come Carnival Liberty!!!!!

Carnival food is far from superior. ;)

Not really.. I've been on Carnival twice, RCCL, and Princess.. it's pretty much alllllllll the same! Never understood why everyone says the food is better on this line or the food is better on that line.. tastes all the same.

Gotta agree dear Crystal!!

It's just so funny that people have NEVER sailed a cruise line and talk about a ship as if they have sailed it. Wow.

For people's info (who's never been on Royal) Johnny rockets charges $4.95 for everything you eat.

If you are a past passenger, you get free entrance to Johnny rockets. I also don't pay for restaurants while on a cruise... but love to eat at Johnny's for free!

I guess it's been a while since you have sailed on Royal Caribbean, huh? Johnny Rockets hasn't been free for a while now. I think, but am not sure, the coupons were changed to buy one get one milkshake free. No longer free food in there. Everyone has to pay to eat there now.

Just thought I'd let you know so you won't be disappointed if/when you go again.

Carnival Corp had 13.2 billion in revenue in 2009 with 1.8 billion in profit.

RCCL's 2009 revenue and profit is embarrassingly small.

Yeah, I'm sure the average person looking to book a cruise is at home comparing 10K forms to help them decide which ship to book. :rolleyes:

I guess it's been a while since you have sailed on Royal Caribbean, huh? Johnny Rockets hasn't been free for a while now. I think, but am not sure, the coupons were changed to buy one get one milkshake free. No longer free food in there. Everyone has to pay to eat there now.

Just thought I'd let you know so you won't be disappointed if/when you go again.

Really? I had no idea. Last RCCL was Mariner of the seas in 2008. We are sailing this upcoming May on the RCCL Liberty of the seas, so I'll be better informed if they changed the coupons.

It's ok if they changed the coupons, RCCL always has the WOW factor for me, I just have to look at my grandpa's face when he steps in...

small things like coupons won't dissapoint me... it's all about my family.

At least still have Jade, Windjammer, Sorrento's, and the buffett free.

Two separate 7 day Alaska cruises for three people departing 09/10. Carnival: an OS suite (370 sq ft including balcony) $4446 total, including third person fare of $449. Holland SY suite (389 sq ft including balcony) $3762 total, third person $0 except for taxes. The Carnival cruise leaves from Seattle and returns to Vancouver BC after visiting three ports and cruising Glacier Bay. Holland round trip Seattle visits four ports and cruises Glacier Bay.

We primarily cruise Carnival, but last September we chose an Alaska 7 day cruise on Holland because it was significantly cheaper than Carnival for basically the same cabin. There are some drawbacks on Holland. It is an older group of people and we found that after the evening show things got really quiet. We had our grandson with us, but Camp HAL doesn't match Camp Carnival. This may have been because there were less than 20 children on this cruise. If you would rather not be around children this could be considered a plus. The Holland hotel service charge (tips) is $11 a day as opposed to $10 on Carnival. The food is about the same for both cruise lines. The specialty restaurant on Holland is $20 and on Carnival $30. On our cruise last year a one night pre or post cruise stay at the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver was included. I did not see this for Sep 09/10.

Archived