Straw Poll on Formal Dining

PeriB

Opinions on Formal Dining Nights  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions on Formal Dining Nights

• Keep formal nights as they are
    • Have fewer formal nights, but keep some
    • Keep formal nights but limit venue - ie, pinnacle room, or only upper dining room
    • End formal nights

I wish the national elections were done in this "hidden" style so the western states would not be affected by the eastern results.

Does this really happen? I don't let states, neighbors or relatives sway me in my vote. Since I don't believe any of the politicians anyway, I use a scientific method I perfected at the track. If they are well built, relieve themselves while being paraded toward the gates, or have an interesting name...that's my horse or dog. I once won a pretty sum betting a trifecta using this method on three dogs name Montana, Elway and Unitas. :D My guess is this could work just as good in the political arena. Of course, the part about them relieving themselves in the parade may be a tad unsavory (hehehe) but would show much more of their "true colors" than anything a speech would.

I hear you. When will the votes be released? Anyone know?

According to the OP the poll was to only be for two weeks & the results will then be made public..

As of now only 363 have voted, but found this thread buried on page 3 of the main board..

My vote still is only for the longer cruises of three weeks or more...Make it only one formal per week plus one formal/optional per week..However that option was not on the poll, so I had to vote to reduce the number of formal nights..

Don't believe its a problem on the shorter 2 week cruises, but on our last 28 day cruise, DH was getting tired of wearing his Tux by the eighth formal nite....

Cheers...:)Betty

I can't wait to see the results either. My husband is find of telling people that he loves to cruise because it's swimsuits and tuxedos...his favorite modes of dress! He will be so disppointed if they drop formal nights altogether....

I can't wait to see the results either. My husband is find of telling people that he loves to cruise because it's swimsuits and tuxedos...his favorite modes of dress! He will be so disppointed if they drop formal nights altogether....

That's cute!

My husband is the opposite...he HATES wearing a tie, so to do so on vacation is like pulling teeth. I do enjoy getting dressed up, so I voted to still have them, but maybe less per cruise.

I don't "do" formal so don't mind if they're done away with. But I find it pretty easy to ignore formal nights so don't care if they continue or not. Um, which one do I tick?

Well you seem quite ambivalent so why bother voting at all? :D;)

I don't "do" formal so don't mind if they're done away with. But I find it pretty easy to ignore formal nights so don't care if they continue or not. Um, which one do I tick?
Since there's no "don't care" choice, you can't vote.

It's nice to vote among otherCC'rs. I am curious to see what happens with the penguin vote.

A short story to relieve the boredom - I walked into the Vista the other night - it was smart casual and so I figured my Nautica shirt was ok - I forgot about the short pants rule - no male allowed in without long pants - so I quick walked back to the room - put on a pair of long pants - they were my yoga pants and put my smart walking shorts over them - the stuff was in my pockets for the evening - vitamins, room card, some money to gamble, what ever. The local Vista captain thought I looked like superman but he did let me in. Any other clothing stories while we wait for the polls to close - count is now over 400.

roobrie

The whole world has "casualled" down to the point that it's hard to find a place to dress nicely anymore! Our first cruise was on the Queen Mary 2, I bought 2 formals and my husband bought a tux and we had a blast dressing up! Now the airline baggage restrictions are making it a lot harder to bring the formal clothes but I still like to try to bring something nice and hope the ship doesn't let the guys in t-shirts sit next to us!! Keep the formal nights!

Most posts on this thread went off track on the "hidden" results and don't discuss the reason for the poll in the first place - do you want formal or not??

The whole world has "casualled" down to the point that it's hard to find a place to dress nicely anymore! Our first cruise was on the Queen Mary 2, I bought 2 formals and my husband bought a tux and we had a blast dressing up! Now the airline baggage restrictions are making it a lot harder to bring the formal clothes but I still like to try to bring something nice and hope the ship doesn't let the guys in t-shirts sit next to us!! Keep the formal nights!

Most posts on this thread went off track on the "hidden" results and don't discuss the reason for the poll in the first place - do you want formal or not??

I think, since there are several threads on-going threads about formal wear, many people don't feel particular compelled to voice their opinions here too. My guess is that this thread isn't as active because so much has been said elsewhere, and the feeling may be "let the numbers speak for themselves".

I have a feeling the results will never show up. Hidden is hidden. I really don't think the OP did this on purpose. Makes no sense!!! LOL!

If there are casual alternatives on the ship (other than the Lido) then more formal nights is great. Otherwise I think just one formal night on a 7 day is enough, 3 on a 14 day, etc. That way we have a choice.

I have a feeling the results will never show up. Hidden is hidden. I really don't think the OP did this on purpose. Makes no sense!!! LOL!
Well, unlike most polls, this one has a specific ending point of April 3rd, 7:32a. We'll find out one way or the other in 5 days! :)

Archived