Member Cruise Questions

Amy from Delaware

There's a Cruise Critic Member Cruise I'm interested in, because of the date and itinerary. I've been looking but I can't find any information that explains what a member cruise is all about, aside from a difference in deposit pricing. Are there special events onboard? I've never done a group cruise before.

The info I've found for this cruise says "prepaid gratuities". Does that mean that the gratuities are included in the posted price, or does it just mean that we have to prepay them?

I called the 800 number listed to ask questions and possibly book, however they aren't open until tomorrow, and I'd like to know sooner! :)

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

There's a Cruise Critic Member Cruise I'm interested in, because of the date and itinerary. I've been looking but I can't find any information that explains what a member cruise is all about, aside from a difference in deposit pricing. Are there special events onboard? I've never done a group cruise before.

The info I've found for this cruise says "prepaid gratuities". Does that mean that the gratuities are included in the posted price, or does it just mean that we have to prepay them?

I called the 800 number listed to ask questions and possibly book, however they aren't open until tomorrow, and I'd like to know sooner! :)

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Prepaid gratuities are paid by the TA (the gift to you for booking with them) about the same as obc.

What cruise are you looking at???

We did a CC cruise in '08 and would cruise again with that group. Lots of fun!!!

Prepaid gratuities are paid by the TA (the gift to you for booking with them) about the same as obc.

What cruise are you looking at???

We did a CC cruise in '08 and would cruise again with that group. Lots of fun!!!

"Official Cruise Critic Member Cruise: Celebrity Summit 06/05/11" It's one of the "Stickies" which is how I found out about it. We had been planning on going on the cruise the following week anyway, same itinerary.

If the gratuities are included in the quoted price, that's pretty nice! Are you also able to take advantage of price drops after booking, and still get the prepaid gratuities?

Does CruiseCritic have special events onboard as part of the group?

"Official Cruise Critic Member Cruise: Celebrity Summit 06/05/11" It's one of the "Stickies" which is how I found out about it. We had been planning on going on the cruise the following week anyway, same itinerary.

If the gratuities are included in the quoted price, that's pretty nice! Are you also able to take advantage of price drops after booking, and still get the prepaid gratuities?

Does CruiseCritic have special events onboard as part of the group?

That sounds like a nice cruise. The gratuities are paid by the TA for booking with them.

If there is a price drop, you should still receive gratuities.

I would suggest that you email the CC member that is putting this group together and ask them your questions and also talk to the TA.

Have a GREAT cruise.

The person that puts the CC group together generally has excursions planned and activities for everyone to join if they like.

The lady that did the cruise we were on did a SUPER job with excursions. We were free to join the excursions or book excursions on our own.

The group also sat together in the MDR.

Again I would suggest that you talk to TA and the person that is putting this CC group together as they are the news that can answer your questions.

Thanks Texkan. I've already left a message for the TA to give me a call in the morning (they are not open on the weekend). How large was the group on your cruise?

I've never used a TA. Is the fact that this agent has been chosen to do the member cruise an indication that they are trustworty, etc.? I've been reluctant to use a TA in the past, partly because I haven't had the interest in researching to find a reputable one.

I'm really hoping this can work out, since the incentives are pretty nice, and like I said, we were planning to do the same cruise a week later anyway.

Anyone else have experience with a CC group cruise?

Archived