Ziplining Help ASAP!

Sweetlove9240

Hey friends! We're cruising in 7 days (sun, 3/28) and I'm thinking about booking the Roatan Cruise Excursions dot com zipline and west bay tour for $52. I'm wondering how fun and exciting the ziplining is. We did it in Costa Rica and we were thousands of feet above the rain forest so I want to make sure it's just as fun. Any advice either with this company or another would be GREAT! Thanks :)

Hey friends! We're cruising in 7 days (sun, 3/28) and I'm thinking about booking the Roatan Cruise Excursions dot com zipline and west bay tour for $52. I'm wondering how fun and exciting the ziplining is. We did it in Costa Rica and we were thousands of feet above the rain forest so I want to make sure it's just as fun. Any advice either with this company or another would be GREAT! Thanks :)

Well, you're not thousnads of feet above the Rain Forest (in CR were you zipping miles in length from mountain top to mountain top? Thousands of feet? How high were the platform towers?) if that's your metric for excitement, but depending upon which zip line you are using, they can be thrilling enough.

Well, you're not thousnads of feet above the Rain Forest (in CR were you zipping miles in length from mountain top to mountain top? Thousands of feet? How high were the platform towers?) if that's your metric for excitement, but depending upon which zip line you are using, they can be thrilling enough.

The platforms were set up on the mountainside, so yes, technically you're very high up, but you're along the side of the mountain which is how the build the platform towers. My point is that I've seen some pics of zipling where it's about 15ft in the air across an open field. I dont want to spend the money to do that. Thanks for the FYI, though !

The platforms were set up on the mountainside, so yes, technically you're very high up, but you're along the side of the mountain which is how the build the platform towers. My point is that I've seen some pics of zipling where it's about 15ft in the air across an open field. I dont want to spend the money to do that. Thanks for the FYI, though !

Wow that must have been cool!! There are zip line routes in Roatan that are very low to the ground. Pirates has them and also has some very high ones (advertised as 3-400feet). South Shore Canopy has a mix but probably deepest canyon bottom to line is a coupel of hundred feet. Clip N. Zip is somewhat similar with gradual desending lines as you work your way down the hill to the main station. But remember the hills in Roatan aren't mountains so you're not going to get that same height experience any where.

We just got back from Roatan on the NCL Jewel - we decided on South Shore Canopy tours and were not disappointed at all - we loved it!

We have zip lined before

Here is my review of the island and our zipling experience if that helps :-)http://www.excellent-vacation-ideas.com/roatan-honduras.html

We loved it and would do it again and again!

We just got back from Roatan on the NCL Jewel - we decided on South Shore Canopy tours and were not disappointed at all - we loved it!

We have zip lined before

Here is my review of the island and our zipling experience if that helps :-)http://www.excellent-vacation-ideas.com/roatan-honduras.html

Nice pictures.. Good to see Theris is still there. She was very helpful. And I'll tel my SIL the monkey's are still alive. She was worried it would drink too much beer and get sick.

We have zip lined before

Thanks Jewel! That was really helpful! i found the company you used but nowhere on their website does it say a price. Do you remember how much you paid? Thanks!

Thanks Jewel! That was really helpful! i found the company you used but nowhere on their website does it say a price. Do you remember how much you paid? Thanks!

We paid $60 each which included zipping and the taxi - it would have also included a ride to the beach etc. but we didn't want to go there.

Have fun!

It looks like the South Shore Canopy zipline is booked through Island Marketing. Is that true?

That is one way to do it. You can also book the private taxi type tours (i.e. Victor's or Rony's) and have them take you. I think their price to add it was $45 last I checked.

We just got off the Carnival Legend and we did the zip line tour with Clip and Zip right at the port! It was great. We have 2 kids 4 and 9 and being able to just walk right outside the gates and be at our excursion was a huge plus for us. Our guides, JC and Chino were the best. Our kids wanted to do it again. We so felt it was worth the $40.00 and was by far the highlight of our trip.

DSC_0002.jpg.55e4b14d95f435b5f3948f59a979b340.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg.b149c205a059fbd8aa7645583b93f190.jpg

It looks like the South Shore Canopy zipline is booked through Island Marketing. Is that true?

Not necessarily. We walked off the tender and found South Shore adventures booth and then talked to Theris - she got us a cab and away we went.

Archived