Excursion Advice - Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Moondoggy51

My wife and I are going on our first cruise mid may on the Emerald Princess. We are currently looking at excursions offered thru Princess and we are looking for some advice.

When there are multiple excursions such as an island tour and say a beach rendezvous with lunch how do you tell if you are not overlapping one excursion over another? I've read in the PDF that you should allow sufficient time between excursions but I curious as to how you know what to do and when? Any help would be appreciated.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise mid may on the Emerald Princess. We are currently looking at excursions offered thru Princess and we are looking for some advice.

When there are multiple excursions such as an island tour and say a beach rendezvous with lunch how do you tell if you are not overlapping one excursion over another? I've read in the PDF that you should allow sufficient time between excursions but I curious as to how you know what to do and when? Any help would be appreciated.

I have never booked more than one for the day. Dont they tell you how long the excursion is and what time it starts? If they say 4 hours, that will include time from and back to the ship. ;)

there is no need to book two excursions in one day...work in some shopping or beach time.. the stops on the Eastern are not "full" days - many have all aboards by 4pm or so so you really would not even have time to do two. Plan one great excursion or thing to do per stop and let the rest of the day just happen. Much more fun that way, IMO

I know when I tried to book two excursions in one day and it seemed they would overlap, it was not possible to do it. A message came up indicating that there was a conflict, even though we had about 45 minutes between excursions. But, if you book one under your name and one under your wife's, it will not let you know there is a conflict and you can do it.

The only time we booked more than one excursion in a day was in Europe and it was a jam packed day without a minute to breathe and, in the 45 minutes we had, there was no time to get lunch.

It depends upon the activity. In St Martin, I did the America's cup in the am and was back in plenty of time to do an Island bus tour in the pm. In fact, I had time to get back to the ship and grab some lunch. Of course I was planning on meeting my DW and DD, but they were shopping. They almost missed the bus tour. :-)

But, that may be just a lucky combo that I did.

You might want to check the port threads and check our excursions there. Especially for the touring and beach items, booking them w/o Princess can save you some money and many a time be a better option. *smaller group.

Archived