Star Flyer – Transatlantic October 2010 – Fellow Passengers?

grampylo

We are booked on the Flyer for the transatlantic crossing beginning in Cannes on October 2, 2010. For a bonus, we will continue for 2 more weeks for the Barbados to the Panama through mid November. We can’t quite believe that we will be on the ship for 6 weeks………something to really look forward to.

Like many, we are repeaters. Our most recent SC experiences were transatlantics on the Royal in 2008 and on the Clipper in 2004. Prior to these we had been on the Clipper in the Caribbean. We are obviously great fans of Star Clippers.

We’d enjoy hearing from others who are planning to be on either or both legs.

We’ve already made contact with ‘DocH2o’ and ‘Rimau’ who will board at Barbados for the 2 weeks across the Caribbean to Panama. See the thread “October Barbados to Panama” begun by ‘cruisingbarb’ in August 2009. Skip down to posts starting with DocH2o’s on January 9th this year to pickup the portion we’ve posted on.

• 1 month later...

Hi Grampylo....Porcia here. How are you doing? Long time no see. We did the no frills trans-Pacific to Tahiti. Haven't been aboard since. Missing the waves, but no time right now. Hope this finds you well and you have a great sail.

Hi Grampylo....Porcia here. How are you doing? Long time no see. We did the no frills trans-Pacific to Tahiti. Haven't been aboard since. Missing the waves, but no time right now. Hope this finds you well and you have a great sail.

Hi Porcia

Great to hear from you! I've had several medical issues since we sailed together but all seems well now. As a result we had to cancel, at the very last minute, our reservations on the Flyer crossing leading to the no frills trip you took. However tried to make up for it with a Royal crossing in 2008 followed by some additional medical issues which are now resolved. We have concluded that the smaller ships are more intimate so when we saw the Flyer was doing a crossing this year we signed up early, with a bonus 2 weeks beyond Barbados to Balboa (see thread referenced in my first post). We're really excited about the prospect of so much time sailing and also passing through the Panama Canal. Sure wish you would be with us again.....our crossing together is my hallmark for crossings, so far, so we will miss you. Hope all is well with both of you.

• 1 month later...

I'll be aboard from Malaga to Barbados after spending the preceding week in Nerja. I've got a lot of cruise miles under my keel, although mostly as a crewmember for several years early this decade. Getting anxious!

After doing the repositioning cruise from Papeete to Monaco, I could not skip the transatlantic! So I will join the Flyer on October 2nd in Cannes and will disembark in Barbados to fly home the same day. Looking forward to meeting you.

This time I have more time to get my blog ready. I will keep you informed.

Take care in the meantime.

Pralientje

Hello Cdubya and Pralientje

We look forward to meeting you Cdubya and seeing you again Pralientje...you may recall we sailed with you on the Clipper crossing in 2004....a couple of months ago you confirmed yourself in a picture at the Captain's dinner that I had posted on a different thread. I am envious of your recent recent repositioning cruise and enjoyed reading a portion of your blog., I only saw the first part....remind me how to access it so I can catch up with more.

Cdubya....you mentioned all your previous time cruising mostly as a crewmember....was that on a private vessel or perhaps with Star Clippers? Sounds like you're a real veteran and I look forward to hearing more.

We board in Cannes and are really looking forward to an extended time on the Flyer.

I spent 2 years with Holland America Line as a Security Officer (before, during and after 9-11). My career was in law enforcement in the Seattle area. Been on a handful of cruises as 'pax' but nothing of this duration. Have done some time on the continent before but Spanish soil has so far eluded my feet. The week before the cruise on the Spanish coast will be icing on the cake! Looking forward to meeting my new shipmates.

Archived