Complaints about Carnival travel agent

axd0424

...I emailed her on a monday about a change and she emails me back on Weds that Im not to email her on Monday as thats her day off and she just got the message...

I don't think the OP is dealing with a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner). PVP's work Monday-Thursday 11am-8pm, and Fridays 9am-6pm.

There's a lot of confusion on these boards between PVP's, and CVS's (the reservation agents reached by calling 800-Carnival).

The level of experience and education between the two positions is very different. While it's true that there are many PVP's that leave a lot to be desired, it seems to me reading these boards that the majority of those who do have a PVP enjoy booking their cruises through them.

My PVP is awesome! Booked through her for the last 5 years, she's extremely knowledgeable and professional, and has even come out to the port of Miami to greet us, have lunch onboard, and give us a tour of the ship. Talk about exceptional service!

I don't think the OP is dealing with a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner). PVP's work Monday-Thursday 11am-8pm, and Fridays 9am-6pm.

There's a lot of confusion on these boards between PVP's, and CVS's (the reservation agents reached by calling 800-Carnival).!

Strange but my PVP, Work Hours: 9AM-9PM (M-Th) 9AM-6PM (Friday) EST

.... just saying..

Just to set the rumor record straight PVPs can indeed book groups for you and YES you will get all the group perks that come with booking a group.

Please don't start giving out false information when you only 'think' something and don't know the answer for certain.

I do know for certain about groups as I've done it many times.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone - that you are purchasing a product from Carnival. Part of that includes customer service, and if you are not receiving prompt, friendly, HONEST service and information, then you need to speak up. Ask for a supervisor. Call in again and ask for the BOSS! BTW I have had the same PVP with Carnival for over 2 years now, and she has been wonderful, and if she isn't available for any reason, there is always another PVP for me to talk to and get info. I have always been very pleased with the level of service and attention I have received from Carnival and their employees. But IF I wasn't happy I wouldn't hesitate to SPEAK UP INSTANTLY! After all, its my money, and I am the customer, and there are a lot of cruise lines out there!!:D

I can also second that they do not get a commission. They earn a point for each booking made. I book through my PVP so that he can earn his point and then transfer the booking to my TA so she can get her commission.

I believe the OP is confused as to whom she is dealing with. If not sure, ask what their title is and what dept.

Dave

Strange but my PVP, Work Hours: 9AM-9PM (M-Th) 9AM-6PM (Friday) EST

.... just saying..

Hey Firefly:

The 11-8 and 9-6 hours that I posted are the times required by their department. With that said, many PVP's do have the option (and choose) to work longer hours. (Being a sales job where every new reservation means more $$, I can understand why many choose to work more).

I know that I've called my PVP on the weekends just to leave a message about something non-important, and sure enough, she answers!

Just to set the rumor record straight PVPs can indeed book groups for you and YES you will get all the group perks that come with booking a group.

Just as a clarification, unless things have changed:

• You can call your PVP to assist you with a group booking.
  • If your sailing has group space available, your PVP is then required to contact the Groups Department in order to set up the group and ensure that you get your group perks.
  • From that moment, your PVP will be working on this group reservation along with an agent in the groups department. However, the agent in the groups department will be the one handling most of the "dirty" work, like adding new names to the group, taking payments, etc. Your PVP is still there to assist you for general information about your cruise though.
  • PVP's still get credit for group bookings, so if you like yours, contact them first to set everything up.
  • Once in a while, there will be no group space available on a particular sailing, so even if you have 8 or more cabins, you will not qualify for the special perks or discounts normally associated with a group booking.

This thread makes me thankful for the PVP I got. She's been great. Last year was our first cruise. I know I drove her crazy. I got immediate responses to email. And she got me an upgrade without my asking.

Used her again this year. Got the early saver, already got the room number right where I wanted to be on the ship. She's been great!!!

Snipped: After all, its my money, and I am the customer, and there are a lot of cruise lines out there!!:D[/i][/color][/size][/font]

Those of us who have dealt with Carnival's Customer Service know that this makes no difference whatsoever. Once they have your money, the fat lady sings...

Archived