Opinions needed for Malaga Inn in Mobile!!

jordanaire

Has anyone stayed at the Malaga Inn in Mobile? How was it?

They offer a Park & Cruise package for $124.00! It includes room, breakfast, parking during your cruise and shuttle service to/from port!

Any input on this hotel would be greatly appreciated!

:cool:Bill

Has anyone stayed at the Malaga Inn in Mobile? How was it?

They offer a Park & Cruise package for $124.00! It includes room, breakfast, parking during your cruise and shuttle service to/from port!

Any input on this hotel would be greatly appreciated!

For $5 more you can get a package at the Renaissance Riverview. It's recently totally renovated and 4 star. Ask for a south facing room and you'll be able to see the ship in port when you get up in the morning.

For $5 more you can get a package at the Renaissance Riverview. It's recently totally renovated and 4 star. Ask for a south facing room and you'll be able to see the ship in port when you get up in the morning.

I checked this hotel and what I saw was alot more than $5.00 more. Where can I find that $129.00 rate???

I live and work in Mobile and I would stay at the The Malaga Inn. However, I would prefer to stay at either the Hampton Inn on Royal St. or the Renaissance Riverview because they are newer properties or more recently renovated. I would call these hotels direct and speak to them about what they offer, as I'm not sure about the long term parking for cruisers.

Hampton 251-436-8787

Riverview 251-415-3091

• 2 weeks later...
I checked this hotel and what I saw was alot more than $5.00 more. Where can I find that $129.00 rate?

Yes, I too would love to find this rate since the Hampton Inn is has no vacancies for our late June cruise.

We stayed at the Malaga Inn for one night after our cruise in February.We visit Charleston several times a year and were looking for a historic property similar to where we stay in Charleston.We booked one of the historic rooms with the balcony on the front--paid about $145 with tax.

We were very DISAPPOINTED in the Malaga.Our room was OK but the property was very dirty.Trash bags were in front of every room.Beer bottles on the balcony.Piles of trash laying in the middle of every walk way--one even had a pair of ladies shoes in it.Nothing was cleaned during our stay.It is like someone started cleaning and just quit.Not what I expect for$ 145.00. This place could be very nice if someone would just clean it up---thought the same thing about downtown Mobile.We would not stay at the Malaga Inn again.I don't consider myself hard to please but I do expect a hotel to be CLEAN !

We stayed at the Malaga Inn for one night after our cruise in February.We visit Charleston several times a year and were looking for a historic property similar to where we stay in Charleston.We booked one of the historic rooms with the balcony on the front--paid about $145 with tax.

We were very DISAPPOINTED in the Malaga.Our room was OK but the property was very dirty.Trash bags were in front of every room.Beer bottles on the balcony.Piles of trash laying in the middle of every walk way--one even had a pair of ladies shoes in it.Nothing was cleaned during our stay.It is like someone started cleaning and just quit.Not what I expect for$ 145.00. This place could be very nice if someone would just clean it up---thought the same thing about downtown Mobile.We would not stay at the Malaga Inn again.I don't consider myself hard to please but I do expect a hotel to be CLEAN !

Sounds like you were there during Mardi Gras --- no excuse for the trash, but it does get a little crazy during that time, and the Malaga is very near the parade route --

Archived