The Summit in dire need of refurbishment

ccmermaid

[quote name='FinelyCruising'][quote name='ccmermaid']I should be judged because I didn't like this sofa?

Maybe.

Let's get some framework for reference. Please take some photographs of the following:

Your sofa at home in your most used room
Your shower all the way around including the plumbing
Your bedroom, including the bedding
The corners in your bathrooms
Your vehicle inside and out
Your patio and/or deck. Please include all wood so we can see the condition and how all the parts meet with foundations even if concrete or stone.

Then maybe we can all see how you live versus the relative similarities of the issues you have with the way you sailed and answer your most recent question about being judged.

I know I want to see these things so I can be fair.

Oh, also, please include any outdoor pool. I'd like to see the waterline at a minimum.[/quote]

My house is not anything like the photos of the rooms on that cruise ship. Are you kidding me? You think we would shower in a moldy bathroom? If my sofa was stained like that one in the photos, it would be thrown in the garbage. My bedding is in perfect shape . Maybe this is the difference in people- the ones in houses that are not so great, don't mind the cruise ships with major cleaning problems. I am ok with rust here, and there. I am not ok with stained sofas, disgusting phones, etc.

[quote name='FinelyCruising'][quote name='ccmermaid']I should be judged because I didn't like this sofa?

Maybe.

Let's get some framework for reference. Please take some photographs of the following:

Your sofa at home in your most used room
Your shower all the way around including the plumbing
Your bedroom, including the bedding
The corners in your bathrooms
Your vehicle inside and out
Your patio and/or deck. Please include all wood so we can see the condition and how all the parts meet with foundations even if concrete or stone.

Then maybe we can all see how you live versus the relative similarities of the issues you have with the way you sailed and answer your most recent question about being judged.

I know I want to see these things so I can be fair.

Oh, also, please include any outdoor pool. I'd like to see the waterline at a minimum.[/quote]

The thing is we have all been on cruises that had NONE of this wrong. We are paying the same price just about. Why should we have to accept less?

[quote name='luannsimon'][quote name='FinelyCruising']

My house is not anything like the photos of the rooms on that cruise ship. Are you kidding me? You think we would shower in a moldy bathroom? If my sofa was stained like that one in the photos, it would be thrown in the garbage. My bedding is in perfect shape . Maybe this is the difference in people- the ones in houses that are not so great, don't mind the cruise ships with major cleaning problems. I am ok with rust here, and there. I am not ok with stained sofas, disgusting phones, etc.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see mold in the shower. I saw some repaired areas that looked like blisters.

What color is the sofa in your house? Can you see stains on it? Do you have thousand of people sit on it? How often do YOU have your sofas cleaned?

For me, part of the enjoyment of a vacation is staying somewhere nicer than home-- and I have a great house, so the bar gets set rather high! However, I have friends who enjoy leaving their very beautiful home to rough it in the woods camping for a few weeks every summer.

We all have different wants, needs and expectations for our vacations. Let's just leave it at that... :)

[quote name='luannsimon']I am really starting to become afraid. I wish I read these before final payment was due:( These people that are complaining seem like reasonable people. And the photos the one person posted are not something I would like to be looking at. On the other hand, I am paying a decent price for the room. I hope that will make up for things? Sigh, maybe not.

I am just happy I have a balcony incase of mold/mildew smells. I just can't handle that. I will leave with a can of Lysol , and disinfectant wipes, and clean the room myself if I have to.[/quote]
Go to any board for any cruiseline and you will find people that think the (insert your ship name here) is a piece of crap and they would never sail on her again! I've even seen horrible reviews for the Solstice which I consider to be the nicest, classiest ship we've sailed!! Please enjoy your cruise and go with an open mind!!!!!!

Man, you guys are getting played big time! :rolleyes: The person who shot that video and took those pictures are probably cracking up at this incredibly long thread. It's sort like the emails that get sent around the world promising free money. People start them just to see how far it will go.

I agree with a few other common sense posters who feel that this may not even be the summit. And even if it is, it's pictures of ONE or TWO cabins! Out of hundreds! Do the math. :)

Archived