Bringing liquids on board - what is allowed

Royal Caribbean's website states the following:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

I must admit that whilst I was always aware of the restriction concerning alcohol, I did not that know that you are not able to bring any other beverages on board.

Does anyone know what is meant by the note concerning TSA guidelines. Do the TSA guidelines apply when boarding a ship?

andrew

Didn't someone post that the language in the cruise contract is different--that it makes no mention of non-alcoholic beverages? I thought I read that, but I can't remember since there have been soooo many posts on this lately.

If we keep posting on this, we're not going to be able to bring anything on board!!! :eek:

I must admit that whilst I was always aware of the restriction concerning alcohol, I did not that know that you are not able to bring any other beverages on board.

Does anyone know what is meant by the note concerning TSA guidelines. Do the TSA guidelines apply when boarding a ship?

andrew

No one has reported any problems when boarding the Liberty of the Seas. (so far). Just avoid alcoholic liquids and your should be fine.

I know this has been on many post, but here I go. On March 1, we boarded the Grandeur for a 5 day cruise. Three of our bags made it to the room and one did not. We had a slit to come to a room on the ship to claim our bag. When I got there, they wanted me to unlock the bag to look for liquor. We always bring an extra suitcase for drinks. This also works as a bag for my wife to bring home all the crap she buys in port once the drinks are gone.

When I opened the bag for security, he looked at the 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper and the 12 Pack of Diet Pepsi. Once he checked for liquor, he said thank you and let me take my bag with soda to our room.

Hopefully this will not change. We hate coke products.

Rob

It'll be interesting if they ever try to enforce the "may be disembarked or not allowed to board" part of that policy for someone packing alcohol. That'll get some people fired up. At least that is restricted (among other bad behavior) to "attempting to conceal" alcohol at security, so if they did enforce it to that level, it would only be those who knew it was against the rules and were trying to be sneaky about it

I doubt they'd take it that far, though.

Archived