Everything Serenade of the Seas

What I find so strange about this ship - Our M&M - we don't have enough people, our thread is only 5 pages! It sure doesn't get the same response as the Liberty or Freedom - WHY?

Has to just be the mix of people ... we are at 79 pages as of last night and we are embarking in two days!!! Yay!!! It's almost here.

What I find so strange about this ship - Our M&M - we don't have enough people, our thread is only 5 pages! It sure doesn't get the same response as the Liberty or Freedom - WHY?

I wouldn't worry about it - we've had M&M' roll calls with very few people, and then all of a sudden the room is packed - people who read and watched and never posted. We have had the reverse too, lots on the roll call and then few show up. You never know. Either way you will have a blast - enjoy your cruise.

Anyone know anything about room 9074? It's close to the elevator/stairwell so I'm hoping it won't be too noisy.

You are in a good spot - we personally love being near the elevator (hump), very easy to get around. You shouldn't have any noise problems.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just got off the Serenade on 3/20, did my review today, should be posted soon. Serenade is not doing an Alaska route in fact I believe the Alaska route is being cut way back due to issues with Alaskan government, port taxes, etc. Serenade will be in the Carribean full time from now on.

Great ship, great crew. Cosols tours was wonderful, can't recommend it highly enough.

Wow let me think...most of our crew in January was the islands....Jamaica, Turks, the islands outside of Venezuela things like that not Pacific islands.

Seaview on Serenade was the Chicken Tenders, Wings, Sandwiches like Cuban, Reuben, Tuna Melt, hot dogs, hamburgers and such. The solarium has food at times we use it to feed us at the pool. Yep sandwiches, pizza mostly the last time we used it.

Alaska is reducing their "head" tax was announced end of last week.....so the cruise lines will re-up their ships...but that will be 2012...2011 schedules already mostly done is what I have heard.

Lou

What's on the menu in the Seaview Cafe? Anything healthy in there? ;) Also are there any sandwiches/salads in the solarium?

The seaview also has great onion rings, as well as all of the above. And try the crepes in the Solarium-yummy!

What's on the menu in the Seaview Cafe? Anything healthy in there? ;) Also are there any sandwiches/salads in the solarium?

:)

Seaview Cafe Menu

All Day Favorites

Onion Rings - Sweet onions inside' date=' golden crisp batter outside.[/i']

Feathers 'N Fingers - For those of you who can't decide, we give you both spicy chicken wings & crisp fried chicken fingers. Dipping sauces to match.

Corn Chips Basket - Corn chips with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

Soup & Salad

Soup of the day - Fresh and steaming hot from the kettle, served with deli crackers.

Seaview Salad - Seasonal greens, tomatoes & red onions topped with tuna or crab salad.

Grouper Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce, blackened grouper fillet, shaved parmesan and herb croutons.

Fruit & Cottage Cheese - A delightful assortment of seasonal fresh fruit served with a scoop of cottage cheese.

Salads offered with our special royal culinary collections dressings.

Delicious Sandwiches

Cuban Sandwich - Sliced roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese and pickles on a toasted water roll.

Reuben Sandwich - Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on grilled rye bread.

Tuna Melts Sub - With sliced ripe tomatoes and melted Swiss cheese on a toasted French flute.

Vegetarian - Avocado, tomato, lettuce and spouts on whole wheat bread.

All sandwiches served with your choice of coleslaw, German potato salad, deli chips, French fries, and kosher pickles.

House Specials

Fish & Chips - with tartar sauce.

Chile con Carne - Our home made chili topped with cheese.

Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Nathan's Hot Dog, French Fries

And Desserts

Dessert Of The Day - Ask your server for today's delicious dessert special.

Brownies - Chunky, chewy and filled with chocolate morsels and walnuts.

Thanks so much for all that info, everybody! And even the menu! Wow! Looks like a great place for lunch. Lar Radiance class ship we were on was the Brilliance a couple of years ago. Looks like this menu is better than what they had then. Yes.....love those crepes in the solarium!

Just got off the Serenade on 3/20, did my review today, should be posted soon. Serenade is not doing an Alaska route in fact I believe the Alaska route is being cut way back due to issues with Alaskan government, port taxes, etc. Serenade will be in the Carribean full time from now on.

Great ship, great crew. Cosols tours was wonderful, can't recommend it highly enough.

Who told you this? When we were on her in January, we were told she was going to Alaska for 2011. :confused:

I agree, great ship, great crew.

Nancy

Who told you this? When we were on her in January, we were told she was going to Alaska for 2011. :confused:

I agree, great ship, great crew.

Nancy

We were on same time as you and told she stays in the Caribbean . . ?

Makes sense though as Adventure goes to Europe so that only leaves Serenade to do the Southern route.

Understanding from our Alaska cruise last September on the Serenade....that Alaska was going to "lose" some ships due to the tax....and also Vancouver's deport tax was hindering that port as a port of "debark."

BUT, that RCCL was considering building a ship designed just for the Alaska type run. But that the Serenade wouldn't be in Alaska for awhile because of the tax would only be one ship.

The tax was revised last week or being revised so the 2012 season will be different than the 2011 season....which is already scheduled.

Lou

Archived