manuel antonio park ???

joiedevivre

Is Puntarenas a stop during your cruise or are you going on a land tour to Costa Rica? The reason I ask this question is because Manuel Antonio National Park is kind of far from Puntarenas. I won't recommend it for a cruise shore excursion.

I also agree it is quite far from Punta Arenas. We just returned from an 8 day land trip using Jaco Beach as a base.

We drove down to Manuel Antonio one day (about 1.5 hrs from Jaco) to hike the rainforest.

We were there during the week of March 13-21st. It was hot hot hot and sticky. We were soaking wet halfway thru. But we saw 3 toed sloths, toucans and tons of monkeys. The main path is nice, wide and easy. The monkeys are way back in tho .....quite a "hike". There are some nice beach areas for cooling off, showers and restrooms nearby too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never been to Costa Rica on a cruise, only on a land trip, so I am not sure about the distance as far as the amount of time you have on a shore excursion. But I have been to Manuel Antonio and I have to say if you are even a little bit interested in seeing the wildlife in Costa Rica it is well worth the trip. I saw more three toed sloths, white faced monkeys, iguannas, and various other creatures here than anywhere else on my entire trip! Not to mention the beaches are right out of a postcard. I was there in May so it was VERY hot and sticky but it is surrounded by white sandy beaches to cool off in!

Archived