Star Aft Suites and New Spinnaker location

califgary

Ive seen some mention on this but thought Id try to get some definitive responses - New to NCL, have AFT 9732 on the STAR for a B2B Mexico then to Alaska (talk about needing packing skills for this one!) anyway I understand that they moved the Spinnaker which Im taking is a nightclub to the back of the Ship right below the aft suites anyone familiar with any kind of noise issues now? I know Spinnaker is level 7 we are level 9 so hoping noise wont be an issue - anyone with first hand knowledge either way?

thanks

Thank you! I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hey califgary, We are from Antioch. Lived there 17+ yrs. We have Cabin 9738 AFT and the Spinaker lounge is on 7, so we don't expect to hear anything, since there is a whole level (deck 8) of cabins between us. I'm sure you will be fine. This is our 2nd time on the Star to Mexican Riveira, we were on her 11/09 & were on the NCL Dawn 3/09. We love NCL!:) We are just a little "miffed" that our NCL choices from the West Coast are dwindling:mad:!

Ruth

Hey califgary, We are from Antioch. Lived there 17+ yrs. We have Cabin 9738 AFT and the Spinaker lounge is on 7, so we don't expect to hear anything, since there is a whole level (deck 8) of cabins between us. I'm sure you will be fine. This is our 2nd time on the Star to Mexican Riveira, we were on her 11/09 & were on the NCL Dawn 3/09. We love NCL!:) We are just a little "miffed" that our NCL choices from the West Coast are dwindling:mad:!

Ruth

Hi Ruth! Nice meeting a fellow Antiochite! We are from San Diego originally but got moved here in 1986 for my job. We are in 9732 aft (wrap around deck) for this B2B Mexico-Alaska trip so far NCL sounds awesome! I understand how you feel about itineraries shrinking we originally had a Princess 10 day to Mex out of San Francisco and Princess abrubtly canceled everything to keep the ship in Europe next year!

What a great location for your B2B!:) We moved from Fallbrook, CA to Antioch also for our job. (Fallbrook Naval Weapons Station to Concord Naval Weapons Station in Concord,CA) Now we are retired and really love cruising and feeling lucky to be able to enjoy retirement so much!:D Hope you and yours have many happy cruises in your future!:)

Ruth & Bill

• 3 weeks later...

We just got home from sailing on The Star to the Mexican Riveria and had cabin 9718/balcony. No noise, but they were almost finished with the spinnaker lounge - started the night before we got off and we got off at 10 a.m.

NCL/freestyle was not our favorite...won't sail with them again.

We just got home from sailing on The Star to the Mexican Riveria and had cabin 9718/balcony. No noise, but they were almost finished with the spinnaker lounge - started the night before we got off and we got off at 10 a.m.

NCL/freestyle was not our favorite...won't sail with them again.

Can you elaborate? What didnt you like about freestyle? Thank You.

Almost finished with the Spinaker Lounge???? Do you mean the the new cabins are almost done in the old Spinaker Lounge? Or do you mean they're almost done with creating a new Spinaker Lounge on deck 7? Also, is the library and card room still out of commission? When are those new cabins expected to be finished on the 12 deck?

Almost finished with the Spinaker Lounge???? Do you mean the the new cabins are almost done in the old Spinaker Lounge? Or do you mean they're almost done with creating a new Spinaker Lounge on deck 7? Also, is the library and card room still out of commission? When are those new cabins expected to be finished on the 12 deck?

The new cabins are available to book now for an expected completion date for July 17th Sailing.

We are back. We did not hear anything from the Spinnaker Lounge. However, I found the sound of the ship's wake to be loud.

Which cabin were you in above Spinnaker? We had cabin 8670 but moved to 9736 hoping to get far enough away from Spinnakers not to be distrubed.

Archived