Taxi Taxi

We will dock in Venice at 6.45 am, our flight leaves Maro Polo airport at 11.30 am Can you advise will there be enough taxis at the port to accomodate passengers, or should I reserve a taxi through the hotel we will be staying at in Venice pre-cruise?

I will also post this on the European Italy area of the boards.

Tks

Have you thought about using the ship's transfer? We like to use them at the end of our cruises. It makes for a no worry situation for us. Our luggage is taken care of and we are sure to get to the airport on time.

We have only embarked in Venice. I did not see a lot of taxis in the area, but that doesn't mean they weren't available. My suggestion would be to make sure that you had prearranged transportation.

Believe it or not, public transportation is the way to go.

The shuttle from the pier will let you off at the bus station. Buy a ticket for two euros. The ride to the airport will be about half an hour.

Of course, this assumes you can manage your luggage.

Thanks Yogimix and Osmond fan: I had considered this but read somewhere on the boards that the shuttle from the pier to the bus station can be a bit chaotic. Is it run by the port or the cruise company ?

As we have an early enough flight departure we won't have much time to spare for the shuttle bus and then the public bus. Do you know where I can find information on the frequency of the bus to the airport ?

Archived