Taxi Taxi

swcruise

We will dock in Venice at 6.45 am, our flight leaves Maro Polo airport at 11.30 am Can you advise will there be enough taxis at the port to accomodate passengers, or should I reserve a taxi through the hotel we will be staying at in Venice pre-cruise?

Tks

There are no guarantees but we docked at 7:00 a.m. in Venice and were at the airport before 8:00. We were some of the first ones off as we did the self-disembarkation and there were plenty of taxis. I would feel pretty comfortable getting there with no problem as long as I was doing the self-disembarkation.

Kirk

Depends on your cruiseline, time of arrival, etc. We were on Grand Princess and there was not taxi one at the pier. Princess purser even advised us there would be no taxi's unless we had pre-booked one. So

we had to pay Princess $24 pp for a 5 minute taxi ride to Piazzale Roma.

There were tons of taxi's at Piazzale Roma.

Thanks all for the posts. We will be with RCI, I think I will pre-book with a taxi firm to be on the safe side.

anniversary/grad trip: Can you remember what company you used ? How long is the trip to the airport 30-40 mins ?

Rgds, S

Thanks all for the posts. We will be with RCI, I think I will pre-book with a taxi firm to be on the safe side.

anniversary/grad trip: Can you remember what company you used ? How long is the trip to the airport 30-40 mins ?

Rgds, S

Hi, this is the name of the company we used. The women's name that picked us up was Catherine and she spoke English very well. The drive to the airport was about a half an hour and she dropped us off right at our flight area. Very simple and convenient knowing that someone was waiting for us when we walked off the ship. Good Luck...

LIMOUSINE ALESSANDRO <info@taxi-shuttle.it>

Hi, this is the name of the company we used. The women's name that picked us up was Catherine and she spoke English very well. The drive to the airport was about a half an hour and she dropped us off right at our flight area. Very simple and convenient knowing that someone was waiting for us when we walked off the ship. Good Luck...

LIMOUSINE ALESSANDRO <info@taxi-shuttle.it>

Thanks for this, I will pop them off an email. It will be good to have the peace of mind that it is sorted. Don't really want to be getting in a flap looking for taxis or making the 15 minute walk to the main piazza to track one down. :)

Archived