The Pearl's Blue Lagoon

Kallen821

My DH and I will be cruising on the Pearl to Alaska on July 25th this summer. I can't wait! I've been wanting to take this cruise for a long, long time. Anyway, I've been searching the boards regarding the restaurants on the Pearl and haven't found much info on the Blue Lagoon. I was wondering if it's a free restaurant or if there's a surcharge?

Thanks!!

It's open late and serves comfort food like Soups, burgers, spinach and artichoke dip, hot dogs and blt's among other grab it and go or sit and take a load off foods. Great for late night munchies!:)

OP do not go on the Pearl without having a snack at least at Blue Lagoon.. 8-)

I agree that they have great hot wings. I swear when we were on the Pearl Blue Lagoon also had meatloaf and mashed potatoes which I had not seen on other ships at Blue Lagoon. Doug thinks I am confusing that with having it on the Sun, but I swear I remember it on the Pearl in the BL. It was delicious no matter where I had it.. LOL.

Also, another tid bit... Lotus Garden isn't very expensive.. like $10.00 or $15.00 per person and they have the absolute best barbequed ribs I have ever had.... and I am from Texas.. LOL. Love many of the restaurants on the Pearl but Lotus Garden is delicious and a good value, I feel.

Absolutely free, and they have great wings (hot or regular) and tomato soup, as well as fish and chips.

UGH! How could I forget the hot wing and fish and chips!! Shame on me!:o

I have seen conflicting hours for the B.L. Used to be 24 hours, now maybe 20?

Can anyone confirm this? I know I was at the Gem BL at 3:00 am in January.

If you have eaten in Blue Lagoon on the Dawn, don't be confused. The BL on the Pearl is in another league. My wife & I walked through it twice before we realized that the very nice restaurant we had found was in fact, Blue Lagoon. It's very nice.

If you have eaten in Blue Lagoon on the Dawn, don't be confused. The BL on the Pearl is in another league. My wife & I walked through it twice before we realized that the very nice restaurant we had found was in fact, Blue Lagoon. It's very nice.

I agree that the BL on the Pearl was much nicer than the BL on the Dawn. However, the Dawn may be changed to match the Pearl soon as has already occurred on the Star, Dawn's sister ship.

Also, another tid bit... Lotus Garden isn't very expensive.. like $10.00 or $15.00 per person and they have the absolute best barbequed ribs I have ever had.... and I am from Texas.. LOL. Love many of the restaurants on the Pearl but Lotus Garden is delicious and a good value, I feel.

Amen... I have always had the ribs at least once per cruise and usually twice. Not to be missed!

Al

Amen... I have always had the ribs at least once per cruise and usually twice. Not to be missed!

Al

I had the ribs on Pearl in February and was disappointed. There was hardly any meat. But since everyone is talking them up I'm starting to think I caught them on an off night.

Guess I'll just have to try them again on the Dawn next January to find out!:)

I had the ribs on Pearl in February and was disappointed. There was hardly any meat. But since everyone is talking them up I'm starting to think I caught them on an off night.

Guess I'll just have to try them again on the Dawn next January to find out!:)

Believe me Doc, you did catch them on an off night. I am NOT a ribs person at all (don't tell anyone or they will make me leave Texas.. LOL), but had read on here about them and thought I just HAD to try them. BOY was I glad I did. My memory is we ate in Lotus Garden three times that cruise and it was because of the ribs. I can tell you this I swore if I ever get back on the Pearl I am going to go to Lotus Garden and have the ribs for the starter, main course and dessert.. LOL. I will have to say I didn't find the ribs as good on the Dawn but I could see how that could change ship to ship or even cruise to cruise just depending on the quality or supplier of ribs they get for any particular cruise.

I've only been to Blue Lagoon on the Dawn back in Aug 2008. It was our very first cruise and didn't really "discover" it until the 2 days before the end of the cruise. I had the fish & chips and boy.....were they good!!! Don't really remember what everyone else had. But I made sure that I had them again the next day for lunch!!! LOL

We going back on NCL in July on the Jewel and I cannot wait to go to Blue Lagoon again. I'm just hoping that it's the same quality as the Dawn.

I do remember meatloaf being on the menu of the Blue Lagoon when we were on the Gem last summer. There were actually two menus that they alternated daily however, this was not the case last week on the Pearl. There was one menu for the entire trip and although we enjoyed everything we ate there, I was disappointed that the menu no longer included the hot fudge brownie sundae (but maybe that's not a bad thing). The Blue Lagoon was especially popular with the teenagers in our group.

Thanks everybody for your replies. So glad the Blue Lagoon is a free restaurant. And it sounds soooooo much better than just getting pizza at 1 in the morning. Now not only will I make sure I stop at the Blue Lagoon for Fish and Chips, I'll have to get some ribs at the Lotus Garden also.

Would anyone say the same about the BL on the Spirit? I ate at the one on the Spirit and was NOT impressed...plus it was practically in a hallway!

Would anyone say the same about the BL on the Spirit? I ate at the one on the Spirit and was NOT impressed...plus it was practically in a hallway!

Don't know about how good the food is for BL on the Spirit... but up until the recent referb on the Star and still to this day on the Dawn it in the hallway.

We just got back from 2 weeks on the Pearl and I have to say that the Blue Lagoon is one of my favorite restaurants on the ship.

I loved that wings and coming from Buffalo, I am not that easily impressed when it comes to wings.

We were actually skipping dessert at dinner and then going to the B.L. after the evening activities for their cheesecake with blueberries or strawberries.

It is a great place for lunch too as it is usually less crowded and I tended to eat less than going to the buffet.

-Jim in Buffalo

GOOD chicken strips...the STARs Blue Lagoon (before the change) had such character ...WE LOVED IT!!...our FAV place specially at late at night...they would even make a Grilled Cheese for me--

GLAD we got to experience it 4 times:) before the CHANGE:(

we LIKE the Spirit too...the Jewel we didnt care for...for US it was the character and atmosphere;)

I ate at the Blue Lagoon on the Pearl a couple weeks ago. As much as that food is talked up here on this board, I was expecting something sort of good. It was a huge disappointment! Absolutely anything you buy frozen from your grocery and heat up yourself will be comparable to the food in the Blue Lagoon.

Have you ever had frozen spinach dip from the grocery? Well, if you have, that's exactly what it is.

Then the service, since it's free, was bad! How many times do they have to serve customers fried fish before they would automatically know to bring vinegar and tartar sauce? That's just beyond basic common sense. Be sure to specifically ask for it or you will have to wait 15 minutes (then with cold food) to get it.

The food in the buffet (and I'm not even a buffet lover) was much better than anything in Blue lagoon.

OP do not go on the Pearl without having a snack at least at Blue Lagoon.. 8-)

I agree that they have great hot wings. I swear when we were on the Pearl Blue Lagoon also had meatloaf and mashed potatoes which I had not seen on other ships at Blue Lagoon. Doug thinks I am confusing that with having it on the Sun, but I swear I remember it on the Pearl in the BL. It was delicious no matter where I had it.. LOL.

I had the meatloaf and MP's on the Pearl in the Blue Lagoon so you are not losing it... Had a side of hot wings with it

Archived