Favorite Caribe Balcony?

tulips*n*truffles

For the only cruise I've been on, I had a Caribe balcony (C123). We were really quite far forward, and I know now that forward is NOT for us, but we are in LOVE with the Caribe balconies!!

Sailing on the Crown (does it matter which ship?), does anyone have a favorite balcony stateroom? We both had some major motion sickness issues last time, so I'm thinking mid-ship. Does that seem right? Should I hope for further aft than mid? Just can't think it through!

Also, I see some of the staterooms can accomodate a 3rd/4th person. Does that mean those staterooms are any bigger?

Thanks!

For the only cruise I've been on, I had a Caribe balcony (C123). We were really quite far forward, and I know now that forward is NOT for us, but we are in LOVE with the Caribe balconies!!

Sailing on the Crown (does it matter which ship?), does anyone have a favorite balcony stateroom? We both had some major motion sickness issues last time, so I'm thinking mid-ship. Does that seem right? Should I hope for further aft than mid? Just can't think it through!

Also, I see some of the staterooms can accomodate a 3rd/4th person. Does that mean those staterooms are any bigger?

Thanks!

Aft corner C752 C753 cat BB are excellent.

No the 3rd and 4th person cabins are not bigger.

Any Caribe balcony cabin in the 600-700 range we prefer.

We both had some major motion sickness issues last time, so I'm thinking mid-ship. Does that seem right? Should I hope for further aft than mid? Just can't think it through!

Midship (and lower decks) tends to be better for those with motion sickness. Aft is only an advantage if you get a wake-facing balcony, IMO, and you'd probably feel more vibration there than midship.

No, the 3rd/4th pax cabins aren't bigger -- the extra beds fold down from the wall, so there's actually less headroom.

Caro

I am prone to seasickness and have had C722 and C752/C753. While I love the aft facing balconies for their slightly larger size and extra privacy, I have felt more ship motion there and have had to rely on more seasickness meds. I did not notice the ship movement/feel as seasick when in C722.

When traveling with family or another couple we like C701 and C702. They are slightly behind the stairs so no problem with noise around the elevators and you can walk across to the each other's room easily. The best part is if you don't like the view or sun/shade on one balcony just to to the otherside.

We've had C414 - midship and outstanding. Just came off C259, close to forward stairs and lifts - outstanding and convenient to popping up to the spa pool (and steamroom). While on the last trip we met the dude in C753 and he showed us his cabin/view. We were wondering what all the hoopla was for these aft BB Caribe's. Let's just say we immediately booked next Feb's cruise in C753! Can't wait for that awesome view. Should she rock & roll - bring it on as we love that motion in the ocean.:D

Count me as one of the few that don't like aft cabins on Princess ships. We loved C702 & C704. Nice quiet area, not much movement and convenient to the elevators. If you can, go forward from those cabins by 3 more cabins (like around C632). There aren't neighbors in inside cabins across from you and it is very quiet and much less motion than the aft corner cabins.

I would say that I love all Caribe balcony cabins! But I have to agree that I like the ones toward the aft (never had a true aft one) since its quiet. I've had midship and haven't noticed a huge difference in movement. I'm excited some of you mention C702 since we'll have that one in 24 days on Caribbean Princess!! I would take any balcony but the larger balconies are the best! :o

We were upgraded to C222 for our upcoming Crown cruise. I know it's forward, but that's OK with us, since we normally book insides on the Lido deck and those cabins are all forward since it's the same deck as the pool. My only question is, would the balconies be windier because it is more forward? Since we never book balconies, I am really looking forward to taking full advantage of it. We are also thinking of doing the Ultimate Balcony dinner for my birthday. Would it be too windy?

I have balconies on the Golden and Crown. I noticed the layout of the bathrrom and the dressing/closet space is a bit different on the CB. Does anyone know if the bathroom got bigger and the closet space smaller?

We've also been in 701, 702, and 703 and for the summer have booked 701 again. Love the proximity to the rear elevators; No noise - nice and quite. Easy access to Horizon and adult only pool in the rear. Laundry facilities and spa area, however, are on the opposite end of the ship but no big deal for us.

And dining rooms are midship so a short walk to access elevators for dining room meals.

Archived