Muster Drill Time on AOS

I am doing a southern caribbean itinerary on AOS on 3/28. It says the boat does not leave until 8:30pm, but am wondering when the muster drill is and how close it may be to our 6pm dinner time?
IIRC, the last time we were on her, it was at 6:00PM and dinner times were moved back 1/2 hour.

I am doing a southern caribbean itinerary on AOS on 3/28. It says the boat does not leave until 8:30pm, but am wondering when the muster drill is and how close it may be to our 6pm dinner time?

We did the same cruise on last feb 28 (so wonderful !) and muster drill was before the 6.00 pm dinner time.

The ship left at 8.00 pm, about 30 min. before than scheduled, the second dinining was postoponed to 9.00 pm.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

IIRC, the last time we were on her, it was at 6:00PM and dinner times were moved back 1/2 hour.

I am not questioning your statement. Just want to know based on experience from other sailings out of San Juan how they can have a muster at 6 PM if the ship is scheduled to sail at 8:30.

Don't the passengers have until 90 minutes before sailing to get on?

Seems that with a 6 PM muster some people may not be ready.

Is it possible you came from another time zone and did not adjust your watch to Atlantic time?

We did the same cruise on last feb 28 (so wonderful !) and muster drill was before the 6.00 pm dinner time.

The ship left at 8.00 pm, about 30 min. before than scheduled, the second dinining was postoponed to 9.00 pm.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

Same question as above

For people not on board the ship in time for muster, they hold a second one at a later time just for them. I think the main seating for dinner was at 6:45PM on the first night. Sailaway at 8:30 and second seating 9:00PM.

I am not questioning your statement. Just want to know based on experience from other sailings out of San Juan how they can have a muster at 6 PM if the ship is scheduled to sail at 8:30.

Don't the passengers have until 90 minutes before sailing to get on?

Seems that with a 6 PM muster some people may not be ready.

Is it possible you came from another time zone and did not adjust your watch to Atlantic time?

We live in the eastern time zone and the cruise I was talking about was during the summer so there was no time difference. The time we sailed her during the winter was Super Bowl Sunday, so they held the muster drill the next morning so as to not interrupt the viewing.

Here's a compass from the 7/28/09 sailing, it is the same as I remembered it. Muster drill at 6:00, dinner times pushed back 1/2 hour.

2934676280100138970HKzwfy

Archived