New to P and O - Corkage

blitznbobs

Hi all,

Just booked on the Azura in September and we've got a query that we can't find the answer to.

If you want to drink your own wine in the main dining room can you do so? We don't mind paying corkage

Thanks

Vx

I copied the following from the old P&O site.:-

It is certainly not worth the hassle if one is taking onboard £5 to £10 wines (UK retail). It is however very good value (the £10 corkage) if you are bringing on board fine wine (say in excess of £20 UK retail) and for types of wines not stocked on the limited P&O list. (I am a particular admire of Alsace wines and dessert wines).

I brought onboard 12 bottles in June this year on Aurora and consequently spent £120 less 10% Portunus discount on corkage and it was very worth while with the median UK retail prices of the wines brought on board being about £30 with one bottle with a retail value of £100.

Derek “The Monocled Mutineer” Kane:D

I copied the following from the old P&O site.:-

It is certainly not worth the hassle if one is taking onboard £5 to £10 wines (UK retail). It is however very good value (the £10 corkage) if you are bringing on board fine wine (say in excess of £20 UK retail) and for types of wines not stocked on the limited P&O list. (I am a particular admire of Alsace wines and dessert wines).

I brought onboard 12 bottles in June this year on Aurora and consequently spent £120 less 10% Portunus discount on corkage and it was very worth while with the median UK retail prices of the wines brought on board being about £30 with one bottle with a retail value of £100.

Derek “The Monocled Mutineer” Kane:D

Thank you very much for your replies. Very helpful.

Vx

Re Alcohol, we are attending the naming ceremony on Azura, and have today received final details for this visit, amongst them is instructions re Azura's Smoking Policy and Responsible Alcohol Policy (their wording not mine), it states as follows:-

Smoking Policy

"For the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all, the smoking policy on Azura is as follows: smoking will be allowed on cabin balconies and on designated areas of the open decks only. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the ship."

Responsible Alcohol Policy

"We wish to advise that you are not permitted to bring on board any alcohol for personal consumption. Please note that luggage will be x-rayed at embarkation. P&O cruises reserves the right to confiscate alcohol at the gangway should the need arise."

P&O cruises also reserves the right to refuse alcohol to you for any reason, particularly if we believe you are suffering from the effects of excess alcohol.

It is prohibited for those under 18 to consume alcohol on board, although 16 & 17 year olds may consume beer, cider or wine with meals in restaurants when accompanied by an adult."

It looks as though this is going to apply on Azura at all times and not just the naming ceremony.

Archived