Paradise Beach Cozumel - anyone recently been?

Redheada

To recent visitors, wondering if the coconut shrimp is still the best anywhere?

We'll be there on the 15th. If I haven't had too much Mexican Gatorade, I'll let you know about the shrimp. It's the best thing I've found on Cozumel!!!!

2308613310083909676S425x425Q85.jpg

I was there last year.Nice and relaxing. Need to make reservations ahead they only allow 100 people per day. All the food and drink you want. Food was delicious. Food and drinks are served to you on the beach.

Hi all - leaving Sunday on the Voyager and we are headed to Cozumel. I had posted on the Cozumel board but wanted to see if anyone had recently been to Paradise beach. We cannot get into Nachi because they are full.

Should we go early? I am concerned about 10,000 people being in port during spring break and thinking for sure it will be busy. I don't necessarily mind that because I am brining a bunch of teens too but I think we should be getting over there sooner rather than later. Anyone have any recent experiences or comments? Thanks!

We'll be there on the 15th. If I haven't had too much Mexican Gatorade, I'll let you know about the shrimp. It's the best thing I've found on Cozumel!!!!

2308613310083909676S425x425Q85.jpg

Looks even better than I remember, we'll be there Feb 19, leave some for us!!!

thats some nice size shrimp. how much did it cost and this was at pb right? we are heading down feb 21st on the inspiration.. first time there thanks.:D

They were HUGE!!!! Believe we paid around $15 for that plate - shrimp, rice, little salad, veggies. I'm sure it was less than $20. And yes, Paradise Beach.

Still confused about the charges at paradise beach. Some people write that there is a $2 charge for the lounge chairs and $12 for the use of the water toys, and that's what it say's on the website. What is this $10 pp that must be for food/beverage. Some people have to pay this while others don't, anyone know why?

Still confused about the charges at paradise beach. Some people write that there is a $2 charge for the lounge chairs and $12 for the use of the water toys, and that's what it say's on the website. What is this $10 pp that must be for food/beverage. Some people have to pay this while others don't, anyone know why?

We were there about two weeks ago. We were never told there was a food/beverage charge. There were three of us. We did order a drink each. It was a quiet day there. Lots of empty chairs. Due to that, I would think all the more they would want us to spend money. What about emailing and ask them their policy and print it out? Just a thought.

Since there is no admission charge to Paradise Beach, the management asks that you spend at least $10 on food/drinks. (At least that's how it was in the past, not sure if the new manager is continuing that request but will find out soon!!:))

As with any beach resort in Cozumel, when you use their facilities (pool, restrooms, changing rooms, outdoor shower etc...things they do not charge for) ....they expect you to eat/drink while you are there.

The "rule of thumb" has always been $10 per person, but it has always been run on the honor system.

Paradise Beach (like any beach resort) wants you to be comfortable when you arrive....

so just walk in....

IF you want to use the Loungers it is $2 each.... (that includes the umbrella and table).

IF you want to use their non-motorized water and land toys (snorkeling, kayaking, all kinds of jumpy thingys....it is $12. Again optional....our 2 boys always get the wristband...hubby and I do not (we are shade people)

There is no entrance fee.....

Just go and enjoy!!

Okay - those shrimp look AMAZING and I must have some!:D

I am planning to visit PB next week but am really alarmed at the way some were treated in regard to the food/drink purchasing policy!

I have actually just sent an email off to PB asking how and if this policy is enforced (and yes I did include the 'quote' from one of the posts!).

Will let you know what I find out!

Okay - those shrimp look AMAZING and I must have some!:D

I am planning to visit PB next week but am really alarmed at the way some were treated in regard to the food/drink purchasing policy!

I have actually just sent an email off to PB asking how and if this policy is enforced (and yes I did include the 'quote' from one of the posts!).

Will let you know what I find out!

Keep us posted....

while I can certainly understand the "need" to have those who use the facilities eat/drink while they are there....it is a business and that is only fair.

However, there is a proper (respectful) way to convey such a message so that the customer does not feel like they are being "pushed".....

I can only imagine what the new renovations just cost them.... probably close to a million bucks.... (and it shows...it is BEAUTIFUL)... but the wait staff has to be taught to handle this issue in such a way so that people want to come back....

That was fast! A response from PB:

I read that cruisecritic review a week or two ago too! Sounds dreadful,

for them, the waiter, manager and anyone else who got to listen to it. Our

waiters are super sweet, professional and curteous and have 4000+

testimonials in the past few months to back that up. If they felt they

couldn´t handle the situation themselves anymore and had to get our

manager(supervisor) to speak to those people, and it escalated to raised

voices and unpleasantness, believe me, there´s a side to that story that

is not being told.

Our policy is that while you´re here enjoying our amenities that you eat

or drink (minimum $10 per person over 6 years old). Just like any

restaurant, every section has a waiter and they keep track of what´s being

ordered and what´s not. Most people run a tab all day, you don´t have to

order all $10 p/p at once or upon arrival or anything like that. You can

eat and drink on the beach, at the pool or in the restaurant or all three

too.

So hopefully this was an 'isolated' incident - perhaps we are not getting the whole picture? In any case I must have some of that coconut shrimp!....along with a drink at the swim up bar in the new pool. Will let you know how it was upon my return! :D:D

That was fast! A response from PB:

I read that cruisecritic review a week or two ago too! Sounds dreadful,

for them, the waiter, manager and anyone else who got to listen to it. Our

waiters are super sweet, professional and curteous and have 4000+

testimonials in the past few months to back that up. If they felt they

couldn´t handle the situation themselves anymore and had to get our

manager(supervisor) to speak to those people, and it escalated to raised

voices and unpleasantness, believe me, there´s a side to that story that

is not being told.

Our policy is that while you´re here enjoying our amenities that you eat

or drink (minimum $10 per person over 6 years old). Just like any

restaurant, every section has a waiter and they keep track of what´s being

ordered and what´s not. Most people run a tab all day, you don´t have to

order all $10 p/p at once or upon arrival or anything like that. You can

eat and drink on the beach, at the pool or in the restaurant or all three

too.

So hopefully this was an 'isolated' incident - perhaps we are not getting the whole picture? In any case I must have some of that coconut shrimp!....along with a drink at the swim up bar in the new pool. Will let you know how it was upon my return! :D:D

Thanks for the update.

As someone who has been to Paradise Beach ( A LOT, if 5 times a year is considered a lot...LOL).... we have never had anything but a wonderful experience.

But anyone can have a bad day....waiters and patrons alike...and it was just an isolated incident that may have been a little of both...

(still dreaming about those chairs in the water)

Thanks for the update.

As someone who has been to Paradise Beach ( A LOT, if 5 times a year is considered a lot...LOL).... we have never had anything but a wonderful experience.

But anyone can have a bad day....waiters and patrons alike...and it was just an isolated incident that may have been a little of both...

(still dreaming about those chairs in the water)

We just returned from Paradise Beach. This was probably our 5th visit there, and will be our last. We payed for our taxi and arrived to see the wonderful new pool. Ok, the plan was a couple hours on the beach and a couple hours at the pool. We payed our $2.oo each and were told we would need to spend $10.00 for food and drinks. Ok, we thought no problem. The chefs and waiters walked off the job. There was no kitchen. We were so hungry we had to leave half way through our day there. That was a waste of time and taxi fare. We were told there was a problem with the kitchen. Our taxi driver said there was a problem with the waiters also. While leaving, we saw the chefs in their white coats and the waiters in the flowered shirts standing out by the road. I for one would not want to eat at a place where the kitchen staff and waiters are that unhappy. Perhaps the person who posted earlier about a surly waiter was right on the mark.

I hope this was truly an isolated incident. We've been to PB at least 10 times and NEVER been treated rudely. We've done a few all inclusive beach clubs on excursions, as well. I think the prices at PB are very reasonable. We pay $20/day for 2 chairs and an umbrella at the beach in Florida, so $2/pp is a great deal.

I can't wait to see the new pool in April, but will be keeping an eye on the boards to make sure this isn't becoming a problem there.

We just returned from Paradise Beach. This was probably our 5th visit there, and will be our last. We payed for our taxi and arrived to see the wonderful new pool. Ok, the plan was a couple hours on the beach and a couple hours at the pool. We payed our $2.oo each and were told we would need to spend $10.00 for food and drinks. Ok, we thought no problem. The chefs and waiters walked off the job. There was no kitchen. We were so hungry we had to leave half way through our day there. That was a waste of time and taxi fare. We were told there was a problem with the kitchen. Our taxi driver said there was a problem with the waiters also. While leaving, we saw the chefs in their white coats and the waiters in the flowered shirts standing out by the road. I for one would not want to eat at a place where the kitchen staff and waiters are that unhappy. Perhaps the person who posted earlier about a surly waiter was right on the mark.

Wow...so sorry to hear about your experience. That must have just happened because we were there Jan 4th and 8th and everything was wonderful.....

Hope they get everything straightened out soon.

oops....computers are not my first language...LOL (quoted the wrong post that I wanted to answer)

I hope this was truly an isolated incident. We've been to PB at least 10 times and NEVER been treated rudely. We've done a few all inclusive beach clubs on excursions, as well. I think the prices at PB are very reasonable. We pay $20/day for 2 chairs and an umbrella at the beach in Florida, so $2/pp is a great deal.

I can't wait to see the new pool in April, but will be keeping an eye on the boards to make sure this isn't becoming a problem there.

Seems something must have happened on Monday (Jan 24th) ~ so I am assuming that is when the poster was there....

they were right...there was some kind of big staff change.... sorry to hear that it happened on their visit there.

the good news is that there are excellent reviews from friends who were there on Wednesday and everything was fine...

So whatever happened, sounds like everything was up and running again shortly with new staff....so no worries about unhappy chefs in the kitchen!

Seems something must have happened on Monday (Jan 24th) ~ so I am assuming that is when the poster was there....

they were right...there was some kind of big staff change.... sorry to hear that it happened on their visit there.

the good news is that there are excellent reviews from friends who were there on Wednesday and everything was fine...

So whatever happened, sounds like everything was up and running again shortly with new staff....so no worries about unhappy chefs in the kitchen!

Relieved to hear that from a trusted poster. Thank you.

Kitchen better be up and running - who's going to make my coconut shrimp? :D:D

I know, right?!

Relieved to hear that from a trusted poster. Thank you.

Yes...if we had a cruise booked going to Cozumel...Paradise Beach would be where we would be headed....

Btw, our oldest son (22) parasailed for the first time in January. All those times we had gone there and he finally took the plunge.

He had a blast.

Btw, our oldest son (22) parasailed for the first time in January. All those times we had gone there and he finally took the plunge.

He had a blast.

That's so cool. We did it for the first time last April, mostly in part because I felt so comfortable with the management there at Paradise Beach, and I figured if we didn't do it then we probably never would!! Well worth the money.

We were just there on Friday. We took an island tour and just walked around and looked at the beach, pier, pool and talked to some of the staff. They waiters seemed really nice! This is a beautiful, clean and nice pool location. I would stay here for the day!

Archived