eurodam retreat cabanas Eurodam

ubsueg

For people that have reserved the retreat cabanas on the Eurodam, would you do it again especially on a port intensive cruise ?

If so, which cabana would you reserve?

Thanks

Absolutely!!

We just had one last week and it was amazing. We did the Eastern Caribbean cruise with 4 ports. We used it everyday, before and after our port visits. The privacy, views (GREAT place to be when the ship leaves or enters a port), and service are exceptional. We were spoiled rotten the entire week by our stewards Enrico and Jayson!

We had the "Naples" cabana. This location was great - fantastic views of the sea and ship. Some people have commented that the cabanas directly located on the port and starboard sides may get stuffy as they have a plexiglass wall on the sea side. Those cabanas also have amazing views of ports and the sea.

We appreciated the cabana all the more on the hot days when the lido roof was open and we could look down on the folks jammed in there, lounge chairs almost on top of each other, all around the pool.

I would avoid the one next to the stairs from deck 10 to deck 11. The stairs are marked for retreat guests only which helps, but as you get to the top you are looking directly into the cabana on the starboard side.

If you search for "retreat cabana" you will find pics and reviews.

Here's a link with a map:

http://agent.aaamidatlantic.com/whatsnew/images/072308%20Eurodam%20cabanas%202008%20eff%20%20071808.pdf

PS - They were out of iPods last week. Apparently they didn't keep track of who had them and they never came back. Hopefully they will be replaced before you sail.

we booked the family cabana - costa del sol for 20 days and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! Best money we ever spent and would do it again in a heartbeat. Jayson & Oliver were our stewards and did a wonderful job. Jayson heading home next week for a well deserved vacation.

PS - They were out of iPods last week. Apparently they didn't keep track of who had them and they never came back. Hopefully they will be replaced before you sail.

This has been a chronic problem the last two years.

We tried to take the Ipod art tour the last two years, and were told both times there was a shortage of Pods. This year, the Event Manager loaned her personal Ipod to the librarian to accommodate us.

I wrote HAL about this problem, last year, they apologized with two bottles of wine. I wrote again this year, on our next cruise, they will provide us with dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill.

Absolutely!!

We had the "Naples" cabana. This location was great - fantastic views of the sea and ship. Some people have commented that the cabanas directly located on the port and starboard sides may get stuffy as they have a plexiglass wall on the sea side. Those cabanas also have amazing views of ports and the sea.

I would avoid the one next to the stairs from deck 10 to deck 11. The stairs are marked for retreat guests only which helps, but as you get to the top you are looking directly into the cabana on the starboard side.

Are you saying the Naples does not have the plexiglass wall? Thanks

We rented Cote D' Zure on our November/December cruise last year. Although we only used it 4 days, it was worth it. Weather was a problem one day - it was raining. On the last day, we had rented the Grand Cabana on Half Moon Cay so we didn't use. I would rent it again.

Bob

I have just rented one on the Neiuw Amsterdam, ship services say you cannot reserve a particular cabana..but you can state your preference where you would like to to be..can't wait..

We have also reserved a family cabana on the Eurodam to the Mediterranean for next month. We are excited as well!:D

diane

Archived