Question on internet use Sea Princess

millykin

We send emails home every year using the ships internet facilities, its quite expensive, we will be taking the new laptop with us this Dec 27th, already booked, and want to know, If we take the pc router box, plug in to the cabin supply, would we still be charged ? maybe a password is required?

Any info would be appreciated, I'm a bit of a technophobe

Millykin

• 1 month later...

I took my laptop on the Sea Princess last May. My interior cabin on Plaza deck had wireless internet reception, subject to the usual costs and slow speed on board. I haven't heard of any wired access for passengers' personal computers in the cabins or even in the computer lab on board.

Most new laptops have wireless built in; it may be listed as 802.11g. Check to see who near you has wireless and practice before your trip. Here in California, many public libraries offer free wireless internet.

Using your laptop lets you compose your message offline then send it once you've logged on. REMEMBER to log off when you are done.

Laptops can also be nice for viewing or downloading photos from your digital camera, reading ebooks, playing mp3 music or audiobooks in your cabin ...

We send emails home every year using the ships internet facilities, its quite expensive, we will be taking the new laptop with us this Dec 27th, already booked, and want to know, If we take the pc router box, plug in to the cabin supply, would we still be charged ? maybe a password is required?

Any info would be appreciated, I'm a bit of a technophobe

Millykin

you will have to log onto the ships computer and here are the charges

There is a one time setup fee of $3.95. Then you can either pay 75 cents per minute or buy a package. Packages are

$55 = 100 minutes

$75 = 150

$100 = 250

$175 = 500

rkmw

Archived