P&O Passengers

William Hartnell

I have never been on this ship, but having heard about the quality of the people who cruise on her, I am not suprised.

Apparently security is very busy all day, especially on sea days trying to control the intoxicated cruisers.

My friend cruised on this ship last year, She said the ship was nice, but that the passengers were not. All young passengers and all under the influence apparently.

What a shame.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=3011

Dont recall seing any similar reports regarding OV.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=3011

Dont recall seing any similar reports regarding OV.

Yea, but it is expected on OV so it is not headline news :)

Seriously though, I have seen drunken behaviour on OV with a fat biffer dancing bare foot on one the tables that they use to serve food on outside La Luna. She was told to get down and ended up falling in the pool (which gave everybody a good laugh as her drunken husband tried to get her out .. she couldn't even stagger up the steps to get out of the pool).

I have also seen drunks on P&O, Carnival and Princess. The Princess chap just wanted to be my best buddy and went to sleep .. the Carnival ones were a bit raucous and apparently one group had problems with the sniffer dogs at the end of the cruise (there had been strange tobacco-esque aromas in the corridors).

On P&O Arcadia the drunk was about 6'4" and was getting more and more obnoxious (by the way his biggest bone of contention was that he was refused service, because he was drunk, and he kept shouting that this would never have happened to him on OV) ... the comic event came when a young lady security guard who was barely five foot got in his face (or more accurately into his naval) and read him the riot act leaving him in no doubt that he would be thrown off at the next port if he did not return to his cabin and stay there until he was sober ... this tiny security guard led the giant of a man away to cheers and applause from everybody else in the bar.

So all-in-all one may well meet these people dependent on copious amounts of liquid personality (because they have no personality otherwise) no matter what ship or line or even land based holiday you are on .. it is a reflection of the sort of person they are, not a reflection of the cruise line.

a fat biffer dancing bare foot on one the tables that they use to serve food on outside La Luna. She was told to get down and ended up falling in the pool

Was this Peter Kay (in a party dress) from the John Smiths diving add? or was it Tom Daley in a fat suit? To fall into the pool (25ft away from the La Luna tables, with segregation boards and plants) must have been some kind of world class diving achievement :D perhaps we should have a national search for her so we register her for London 2012 :confused:

We have done two cruises on Artemis. I heard awful things before I went and I also heard wonderful things. We had two brilliant cruises, food was great, entertainment was marvellous. Met some lovely people, also met some I wouldn't want to meet again, but on a ship, you don't have to mix with folk you don't like. Same as any walk of life.

As for forums. In my experience, they are all the same. You can't post something without another person taking a pot shot. I don't particularly want children on my table for 8 at second sitting. That doesn't mean I hate kids at all, just means I want to sit with adults at dinner. Just an example.

Have a wonderful time :-)

hear hear Jean I make you so right !

I have never been on this ship, but having heard about the quality of the people who cruise on her, I am not suprised.

Apparently security is very busy all day, especially on sea days trying to control the intoxicated cruisers.

My friend cruised on this ship last year, She said the ship was nice, but that the passengers were not. All young passengers and all under the influence apparently.

What a shame.

Well lynn we've been on her 4 times and I never even saw a security guard while on board. Love people like you, can't believe you comment on something and you don't even share a common frame of reference.

Do yourself a favour and comment on somthing else you don't have a clue about "babe" !!!!!!!

Stitch (inebriated) x

Was this Peter Kay (in a party dress) from the John Smiths diving add? or was it Tom Daley in a fat suit? To fall into the pool (25ft away from the La Luna tables, with segregation boards and plants) must have been some kind of world class diving achievement :D perhaps we should have a national search for her so we register her for London 2012 :confused:

ROTFL, much as it would have been a great achievemnt the reality is ... after being told to get off the table, because the fat biffer had actually broken it, her and her husband (and a couple of others in the party) started stomping off, swearing at the top of their voices telling everybody else that we were stuck-up and boring snobs that didn't know how to enjoy ourselves (that is when I fgured out that certain sections from the lower echelons of society refer to 'snobs' as anybody who has a personality and can enjoy themselves without resorting to imbibing copious amounts of alcohol).

Anyhoos she was that busy turning around giving abuse to those of us who were now applauding the actions of the waiter that she tripped over something (probably her own fat feet) and ended up in the pool ... sadly it was not the perfect dive with double back flip over the side onto the pier. Rest of us in the area were now virtually double upped with laughter. Several waiters went to help but several of us suggested that they should hold back for a while to let us all enjoy the spectacle.

What a shame.

As a former OV2 passenger I would like to thank the person who made the above comment.........

You helped us to make a definite decision about our next cruise ........... we're off to Celebrity.

As a former OV2 passenger I would like to thank the person who made the above comment.........

You helped us to make a definite decision about our next cruise ........... we're off to Celebrity.

So Celebrity thats the cruise line linked to RCI. So you are going on Celebrity because of the comments by LynnKnicker. Which is interesting because she is a lover of RCI and not P&O, dropped a bit of a clanger there then.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived