NCL sent me a coupon

sally r

Hi, I am a real newcomer to the whole cruising..(and online chatrooms) thing, so please excuse my ignorance. I've been reading this thread about credits and upgrades etc. My family (mom,dad, aunt, uncle, us kids..although I use that term rather loosely!!) just sailed on the wind (great trip). We booked through a TA and I believe used my aunts Master card. (we all paid her) We didn't hear anything about onboard credits etc. What's this all about? Also, what are upgrades all about? My Dad loved the trip so much he wants to go again next year. He's trying to talk the family into going again. To bad I'm a teacher and can't get the time off :mad:

Thanks for your help!

Tracy:)

TLC, Mastercard ran some sort of promo a while back. If you booked using a MC you got an on-board credit of some sort. There were a few posts about it at the time. You can do a seach and maybe find some of them. I am new to NCL so really can't help with upgrade questions. Keep reading these boards and you will find your answers!

It's my understanding from reading other posts that it is just a coupon book for a total of 100.00 in discounts for on board services. I.e. 10.00 off this or 20.00 off that. I also understand that none of the discounts are particularly exciting so like the others here, I'm in "wait and see" mode.

T.

The coupon I received was not for using Mastercard, but it was for Latitudes members who are booked on an upcoming cruise. It entitles you to a $100 OR $200 Ship credit (depending on what type of room you have) if you have a friend book on the same cruise as you'll be going on. It also entitles your friend to an upgraded room category.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I received a confirmation today from NCL that they applied my coupon and I have a $200 on-board credit! It was a nice surprise as I never expected it to work. I had actually forgotten about it.

Well, I got one too and funny, we are booked for the Sun on 3/19/05. Our friends booked the same cruise and cabin grade (AC) based on our recommendations. We've both been booked since last April, we'll see if they honor it since they didn't book after I received the coupon. Our friends are also cruising with us on The Norwegian Jewel next year. I hope NCL doesn't try and use some loophole to get out of it! They should be flattered that I talked friends into going and switching from RCCL without any type of coupon in the first place. I'm the best kind of customer for them! I mailed it today so only time will tell! Happy Cruising!

When we arrived in our room, the certificates for the onboard credit were there for us to sign! Thanks NCL, I really didn't think you would honor them. What a nice surprise!

Archived