NCL sent me a coupon

sally r

Well, I got one too and funny, we are booked for the Sun on 3/19/05. Our friends booked the same cruise and cabin grade (AC) based on our recommendations. We've both been booked since last April, we'll see if they honor it since they didn't book after I received the coupon. Our friends are also cruising with us on The Norwegian Jewel next year. I hope NCL doesn't try and use some loophole to get out of it! They should be flattered that I talked friends into going and switching from RCCL without any type of coupon in the first place. I'm the best kind of customer for them! I mailed it today so only time will tell! Happy Cruising!

I'm doing to the same exact thing. I personally booked 4 cabins all at the same time (Last August) for our March 18th Spirit cruise and have every intention of submitting the coupon with one of the other parties confirmation #s.... I have nothing to lose and $200. to gain!!!

Elaine :)

My coupon has the sail date of one of my 3 cruises I currently have booked. However the booking number is wrong!

I also find this to be not fair: If my friend books a suite, I get $200 but the free upgrade for my friend doesn't apply to suites!

One quick question for those of you that received the coupon: was part of it pre-printed with your booking number and sail date?

I would love to find someone booking the cruise I am on so I could take advantage of this offer. I suppose it would be tacky to post?

did the coupon come directly from NCL? Did you have to book directly through NCL to get it? When I booked last week using a cruise booking agency, no one said anything about it. I did get $100.00 on board credit for each guest because I used my MasterCard but we booked two adjoining rooms, the second room is a first time cruiser and the room is in her name.

Should I call NCL?

The coupon I received came directly from NCL, had my reservation number pre-printed, as well as the sail date. I did not book directly with NCL. I also referred another couple to book with us - that was in October - so we'll see whether we get the credit.

This is kinda of a thread hijack but I recieved a free 2 catagory upgrade certificate after I had booked my next cruise.. It also said it must be presented at the time of booking.. I contacted NCL and the lady told me to send it in and see what happens. So I did and got a free one catagory upgrade.. So you may be surprised, go ahead and send it in..

I think NCL sent out these coupons to booked guests on cruises that are not filling up. I have 3 NCL cruises booked and the coupon is pre-printed for the 5/3/05 sailing on the Sun. This cruise is not selling out and the price keeps dropping. It may be something new NCL is trying to help fill up an empty ship.

I received the coupon as well. Ironically, I have a group of people going on the same cruise....all of who booked because of me. However, they are not new bookings. In fact, due to a mistake by my travel agent or Norwegian's booking agent, they cancelled my room shortly after booking and never rebooked it. Consequently, all my freinds were booked before me. If a friend hadn't decided to join us on the cruise and asked the travel agent to book her on the same cruise, we would not have known about the cancellation until our final payment was due because I wasn't looking for a credit on my charge. At any rate, there are six other couples booked on this cruise because we recommended it. So, I figured what the heck, I'll fill it out and send it in. I figured all I had to lose is a a postage stamp. I did add a note explaining what happened. I figure the reason for this is the ship isn't booked and they are hoping to get additional last minute bookings. Yes, my reservation number and date of sailing was printed on my coupon.

I also got one for our sailing on the Star - having 2 cruises booked on NCL at this time and only getting one for the Star and reading the boards decided to check prices on the cruise to see if they had come down. Since we've made final payment I haven't checked as figures there wasn't much NCL would do if they did go down and of course they went down a bunch so emailed my travel agent who is wonderful and she called NCL. As of tonight they have agreed to refund to the credit card the difference in what we paid and what the prices are now. I'm in shock as it's not a small amount. So very pleased that NCL did this. (we even offered to take an upgrade on our other booked cruise) = Still in shock over this.

did the coupon come directly from NCL? Did you have to book directly through NCL to get it? When I booked last week using a cruise booking agency, no one said anything about it. I did get $100.00 on board credit for each guest because I used my MasterCard but we booked two adjoining rooms, the second room is a first time cruiser and the room is in her name.

Should I call NCL?

Hi there. If you wouldn't mind me asking about your $100 credit for using mastercard. I used mastercard too and they told me I would receive a coupon booklet to use on the ship. Did you go throught NCL or a travel agent?

I was also told that about the credit for MasterCard. We had booked on a previous cruise and had it transferred to a TA. She is the one who told me about the credit when I made final payment. I had gotten a coupon book two years ago when we went on the Dawn and I don't remember it being all that exciting :).

I don't believe it is a coupon book. I didn't even know about the credit. I booked through an on line cruise warehouse (so to speak) and as we finished the details she said "I'm sure you'll enjoy the $100.00 on board credit." I was "What credit?" and she laughed .. she said.. "I thought that's why you were using your Mastercard, because each member of your party gets a $100.00 on board credit."

How about that. Nothing said about any coupon book so we'll see how it materializes.

PS. I was using my MasterCard (as I do for -everything-) to earn NCL points. should have at least 1500 towards this next cruise. Can't beat that with a stick!

T.

Hi there. If you wouldn't mind me asking about your $100 credit for using mastercard. I used mastercard too and they told me I would receive a coupon booklet to use on the ship. Did you go throught NCL or a travel agent?

Wow I used my mastercard to pay and did not receive anything. Who shoudl I approach about a $100.00 on board credit. I'd relly like that.

Sally, I'd contact my TA. Mine told me about it. She said when she called it in to NCL, they informed her. She called our traveling companions and they changed from using their Discover card and got the credit also. However, being a stubborn PA Dutchman, I'll believe it when I see it :p

• 1 month later...

I'm reviving this thread to say that, surprisingly, on our 3/5/05 cruise - even though the other couple who went with us was booked for months before I received the coupon - we received a card in our cabin notifying us that we received a $100 onboard credit. It didn't say where it came from, but I assumed it was because I mailed the post card in prior to our cruise. Our friends did not receive an upgrade, but there were no cabins above the level we booked for this sailing.

I'm reviving this thread to say that, surprisingly, on our 3/5/05 cruise - even though the other couple who went with us was booked for months before I received the coupon - we received a card in our cabin notifying us that we received a $100 onboard credit. It didn't say where it came from, but I assumed it was because I mailed the post card in prior to our cruise. Our friends did not receive an upgrade, but there were no cabins above the level we booked for this sailing.

Thanks for the good news, we received the coupon and didn't know if it would go through since our friends booked before we received the coupon, good to see NCL doing a nice thing for their returning customers.

Archived