Question about "Night Owl Rooms"

Kay129

Hi,

I called a PVP yesterday and asked her many questions about booking a cruise and any worries I had, she was great and answered so many of my questions. She was encouraging me to book an inside guarantee (since I am planning on an inside anyway.)

She said the only rooms on the ship where the noise could be disruptive are the ones right below the disco and that many regular cruisers know about them, that the ones who stay out all night request these rooms b/c of their low rate.

Is this true??

Anyone stayed in one of these? Are they a lot cheaper? And am I definitely not going to get one of these if I book an inside guarantee? (She said I 99% wouldn't.)

TIA!

K

Hi,

I called a PVP yesterday and asked her many questions about booking a cruise and any worries I had, she was great and answered so many of my questions. She was encouraging me to book an inside guarantee (since I am planning on an inside anyway.)

She said the only rooms on the ship where the noise could be disruptive are the ones right below the disco and that many regular cruisers know about them, that the ones who stay out all night request these rooms b/c of their low rate.

Is this true??

Anyone stayed in one of these? Are they a lot cheaper? And am I definitely not going to get one of these if I book an inside guarantee? (She said I 99% wouldn't.)

TIA!

K

Destiny is the only ship that has cabins designated as "night owl" rooms. I believe they are 4c cabins on the Upper Deck.

I'd say you won't get one only b/c others will likely book them. They're only on a few ships and were eliminated on later ships...I belive you have to ask for these rooms to actually get the price, they're not the same as published cabins in the same cat.

This is from the carnival brochure re: Destiny

Night owl stateroom: If you like to party late into the night, you can get special savings on our close-to-the-action accomodations. From $399 per guest based on double occupancy

So they are cheaper than 1a cabins.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at the Destiny and just got a great rate quote...it turns out its one of these night owl rooms. Has anyone stayed in them? I wonder how late the disco stays open? We typically turn in around 1-2 A.M. so anything later than that would might be a problem if its REALLY loud!

Watch out for these rooms. Members of my family booked a 4C room on the Destiny on smartcruiser.com (who gives NO notification that certain rooms are night owl rooms). They didn't find out until after the fact that they had indeed booked into this promotional room!!!!!! It was an absolute nightmare. It ruined their trip 100%!

I have stayed in one of these rooms way back when on the Destiny. I think they are only on that ship. Could be wrong. However, if you look at the deck plan of the Destiny, they are the 4c Cabins located over the Point After Disco and aft lounges.

The reason for the discount and "Night Owl" title is that the noise is loud mostly from the disco, coming from below. You can hear the bass and music quite well. Since we are night folks and usally close the disco down (usally 3am) these rooms were perfect. Since the disco is not used in the morning, it allows you to sleep in.

So if you want the cheaper rate and are a night owl yourself, take it. If you go to bed early - please avoid this room!

My husband and I had a "night owl" cabin on our 1/23/05 cruise. Truthfully, no I wouldn't book the room again. We got a great price for the cruise but you could definately hear the disco every night. We could hear it till at least 2:00am every night. It wasn't even so much hearing it but you could feel the bass. Kind of like when you go to a concert and you can feel the music as well as hear it. By the end of the week I think it was less noticable only because we were pretty tired. We were up late every night , which we don't do at home, and so were more tired by then. Now, it was still better than not cruising at all :).

We have had rooms under galleys twice (Celebration and Inspiration) and I would call these "anti-Night Owl" rooms. We were awoken more than once at 5 am with loud noises from the kitchen staff. They tend to drag stuff across the floor, and it is really loud. It was worse on Celebration.

Suzy

From what I understand all of the other Destiny Class ships had their design changed so there are no rooms over the disco. Guess they figured out their mistake with this first ship in this class. And you know they know it was a mistake because they routinely discount the rooms.

Archived