CD David Cole

lmaron

Add us to the bummed out list. Ours is the Golden Christmas cruise, and DH and other family members were so looking forward to the Ukulele classes with David as well as having the CD with the best personality on the seas planning the activities. You who are on the Sapphire in November and December are in for a real treat. David, if you are reading this, please know your admirers are going to miss you so much. You and Elua make the Golden Hawaii cruise so special. Lucky are the Sapphire cruisers this holiday season. Mele Kalikimaka and Aloha! I know we're going to miss you.

ANyone know how long David COle will be on the Sapphire.I know he specializes in Hawaii but we are taking a Mexico cruise the end of Feb. on the Sapphire.The Sapphire goes into drydock for a month in Jan.Wonder if he will leave for the month and come back to Sapphire or go to another ship.

ANyone know how long David COle will be on the Sapphire.I know he specializes in Hawaii but we are taking a Mexico cruise the end of Feb. on the Sapphire.The Sapphire goes into drydock for a month in Jan.Wonder if he will leave for the month and come back to Sapphire or go to another ship.

That's what I'm trying to find out...both the Golden AND the Sapphire are headed to Hawaii in early February, and I'm wondering which ship he'll be on. Hope it's the Golden

Aloha Kakou,

As far as I know, David will be on the Sapphire after drydock. Leialoha and I will be on the Golden for the remainder of this season. We look forward to having you with us onboard.

A Hui Hou,

Dave "Kawika" Soreff

(of Elua)

Eula(Dave) Guess I will get the best of both,you on the Golden and David on the Sapphire.What would David Cole do while the Sapphire is in drydock?Would he stay on the ship and get things done.Since he just is coming off vacation now and I would not imagine he would go on vacation again.I think I heard kitchen staff stays on to feed the workers,but don't know about cruise director staff.

I was on the Sapphire on the coastal cruise in Oct and had Tim Donovan AS CD..Thought he was very good also.

Aloha Kakou,

As far as I know, David will be on the Sapphire after drydock. Leialoha and I will be on the Golden for the remainder of this season. We look forward to having you with us onboard.

A Hui Hou,

Dave "Kawika" Soreff

(of Elua)

Dave, do you have your 2012 schedule yet? I'm so disappointed we won't have Dave Cole on the Golden next Sept/Oct. Itinerary. I hope the two of you will be there.

We're on the January 18, 2012 Golden sailing and I would appreciate being able to communicate ahead of time with the CD for that sailing. I believe that's the procedure if I want a listing placed in the Patter from day one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Judy

Hello everyone - Dave Cole here. I will not be on Golden for the current Hawaii season, or as far as I know - at any time in 2012. I was originally scheduled to return to Golden this coming week (Nov. 23rd), but that has changed. I have been assigned to Sapphire Princess, and will be joining Nov. 26th thru March 2012. Thanks for all your kind words, I have had an amazing time on Golden over the past several years, and I will miss it a great deal.

Edited by CruzwithDC
Wanted to add information after reading the whole thread.

Dave;I am going on the Sapphire to Mexico the end of Feb. so I guess we will see you there.I have a large group of 38 going on that cruise. I am also going on the Golden April 25,hoping you were there for the Hawaii cruise.Was on it with you in 2008 and enjoyed everything you had to offer.

At least we got the answers straight from the right person. What will you do for the month the Sapphire is in dry=dock?

Hello everyone - Dave Cole here. I will not be on Golden for the current Hawaii season, or as far as I know - at any time in 2012. I was originally scheduled to return to Golden this coming week (Nov. 23rd), but that has changed. I have been assigned to Sapphire Princess, and will be joining Nov. 26th thru March 2012. Thanks for all your kind words, I have had an amazing time on Golden over the past several years, and I will miss it a great deal.

David, Will you still be on the Sapphire for the March 10th Hawaii cruise? We have loved sailing to Hawaii with you on the. Golden!

Dave, We are currently trying to decided between the Golden and Sapphire for our Feb. Hawaii cruise. With the news that you will be on the Sapphire we are now leaning that way. Will the Sapphire now have similare Hawaii themed enrichment, activities, dining similar to the Golden for the Hawaii sailings? That may be an important part of our decision. Also do you have any thoughts regarding sailing the Sapphire on the first cruise after her dry dock? Thanks so much.

Will the Sapphire now have similare Hawaii themed enrichment, activities, dining similar to the Golden for the Hawaii sailings?

I just got off the 28 day Sapphire Princess cruise today and she already has many Hawaiian themed activities similar to the Golden. (Tim Donovan was the cruise director and he was great but is going to the Emerald.) And now David will be there to insure they are on a par with those offered by Golden Princess. A win-win situation.

Thanks for the message, Tom, and I am fine. Like many, I am very disappointed that I will not be doing Hawaii full-time this season. But I will give the limited Hawaiian cruises on Sapphire my usual 250 %. Aloha. Dave

my wife and i sailed with you a few times and we really liked ur engery but we wanted to give a new ship a chance since we have been on the golden twice and was suprised when we got the email saying you where on our cruise ,looks like great sailaway weather hope u have a good few days off next week see ya on the ship

Thanks for the message, Tom, and I am fine. Like many, I am very disappointed that I will not be doing Hawaii full-time this season. But I will give the limited Hawaiian cruises on Sapphire my usual 250 %. Aloha. Dave

Thank you very much for getting back to us all here Dave. I'm sure I'll have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future. Wishing you all the best until then...

Tom

I think some may have mis-read my post. I will NOT be on Golden for any 2011 or Spring 2012 Hawaii cruises. My ship assignment has been changed. I will be doing limited Hawaii cruises on Sapphire, only through mid-March 2012.

Dave,

So does that mean YES or NO to being on the March 10th Sapphire cruise?

Thanks!