CD David Cole

lmaron

We (Elua and me) will all be on Golden in February! I'm heading over there at the end of the current Hawai'i sailing I'm doing (on Sapphire). See you then. D. Cole.

Just read my email from Princess that you'll be on the Golden for the 1/16 cruise and happy to see you confirming it. We sailed with you on the Sapphire last Christmas. I'm still working on that crocheted mini purse! Looking forward to sailing with you again.

We (Elua and me) will all be on Golden in February! I'm heading over there at the end of the current Hawai'i sailing I'm doing (on Sapphire). See you then. D. Cole.

Lucky people on the Golden!

Best team on the ocean!!! :D

Does anybody know which ship David Cole is the Cruise Director on currently? I was on the Golden in November 2008 and he was the CD on that ship. Is he still on the Golden? I am going on the Golden in July and am hoping he will still be there. On the short amount of cruises I've been on, David is my favorite. What do all of you think of David Cole?

I love David and think he is the best CD in the Princess fleet. He has been on the Sapphire Princess for the last couple of years but just tweeted that he is moving back to the Golden this month. So, unless he is on vacation when you cruise, he should be the CD on the Golden. Enjoy your cruise!

David: Will be on the GOlden April 24,Will you still be on the ship at that time.I know Eula will,which is one of the reasons we are returning to that ship.Hope you will still be on then.

Dianef, it is actually Elua. Yes, they are great. As for the poster asking if David would still be the CD on the Alaska cruises, well, you can always ask, but do not count on it.

Hello Dave Cole,

I am on the February 13 sailing because of ELUA. Now, I understand, I am on the ship with the best cruise director too. (actually, Dave from ELUA has had very kind words about you too). More the reason I am so looking forward to this cruise.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our Meet and Greet on the Golden, February 14, at 4 PM in the wheel house. I also extended the invitation to ELUA. It would be nice if other officers attended, but if we have the 2 or 3 of you...then we would have the very best.

Are you on the Sapphire now? I just drove 4 friends around the island this afternoon while she was docked in Honolulu. I will beat the ship back to LA.

Hope to meet up with you soon.

Aloha, Renee (displaced local girl)

We were on the Golden with Elua in October of this year. Leialoha of Elua seemed to think they would be on the Star in the 2014 season. I hope they and David Cole would be together again whichever ship it is and keep us informed of which ship it is in 2014. I like to book our Hawaii cruises based on where they are, just love them. If you are reading this Dave of Elua, please use those email addresses you collected on our last cruise with you to keep us informed.

Thanks.

Dave, Will you still be on the Golden for the March 27 sailing? I sure hope so. We sailed with you right after Thanksgiving. I was the one who asked about the petition for a round trip Alaskan cruise from Los Angeles. You are the best cruise director we have ever sailed with.

• 3 months later...

I am really happy to read all of these great reviews about David Cole. I just read that he will be the CD on our Ak cruise on May 26. We are sailing with 3 other couples that will be taking a cruise for the first time.

Edited by chris2597

• 4 months later...

Hoping that either David Cole or Dave of Elua would answer either of the two postings asking which ship they will be on in Jan and Feb of 2014. We want to book for a Hawaii sailing (our third) but which ship we choose will depend on where David and Elua are.

Any information would be appreciated.

A previous post from Dave of Elua indicated that they will be on the Star Princess for that time frame. We'll be on the 2/18/14 round trip to Hawaii on the Star, and Elua is one of the reasons we chose that cruise. I don't know about David Cole.

A previous post from Dave of Elua indicated that they will be on the Star Princess for that time frame. We'll be on the 2/18/14 round trip to Hawaii on the Star, and Elua is one of the reasons we chose that cruise. I don't know about David Cole.

Aloha,

David Cole is scheduled to get on the Star on October 21 so I am not sure if he will be onboard for that particular cruise...as I know more, I will post here on CC.

Mahalo,

Dave

(of Elua)

https://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Aloha,

David Cole is scheduled to get on the Star on October 21 so I am not sure if he will be onboard for that particular cruise...as I know more, I will post here on CC.

Mahalo,

Dave

(of Elua)

https://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Glad to know that you'all will be on the Star. We are also planning a trip either February 18, or March 5. Is there any advantage in either date?-prices are the same. Trying to decide which one, so if anyone else has any input we'd love to hear from you. This will be our third cruise to Hawaii with you onboard. Looking forward to a great cruise.

We've taken cruises with either David or ELUA but never together till last Feb. It was a really great cruise. (Of course we were with a private group taking Michael Lynch's ukulele lessons so we had to miss lots but we did get to the end of the ship's uke lessons.) We want to do it again and we've already been on the LA to Hawaii cruise several times.

David and LeiAloha (ELUA) have changed our lives more than they would have expected. Bill (hubby) took the ukulele lessons on the cruise and I was shocked that he could actually play songs that I recognized by the end of the cruise. We booked another cruise over Easter Vacation and took our daughter, SIL and 2 girls under 5. This time I took the uke lessons along with our daughter, SIL and hubby. What fun. I bought a Kamaka pineapple ukulele in Honolulu when we took the factory tour. Bill and I now go to Jams several times a week and some bimonthly ones too. In our area we have a good number of misplaced Islanders at the Jams so we're even learning some Hawaiian songs. Our social life is busy. IF we hadn't taken that cruise with ELUA that never would have happened and we wouldn't have booked that one if we hadn't enjoyed the one so much we'd taken with David Cole on the Island Princess.

I can't say enough good things about both David Cole and ELUA.

Cruisin Oldies

We've taken cruises with either David or ELUA but never together till last Feb. It was a really great cruise. (Of course we were with a private group taking Michael Lynch's ukulele lessons so we had to miss lots but we did get to the end of the ship's uke lessons.) We want to do it again and we've already been on the LA to Hawaii cruise several times.

David and LeiAloha (ELUA) have changed our lives more than they would have expected. Bill (hubby) took the ukulele lessons on the cruise and I was shocked that he could actually play songs that I recognized by the end of the cruise. We booked another cruise over Easter Vacation and took our daughter, SIL and 2 girls under 5. This time I took the uke lessons along with our daughter, SIL and hubby. What fun. I bought a Kamaka pineapple ukulele in Honolulu when we took the factory tour. Bill and I now go to Jams several times a week and some bimonthly ones too. In our area we have a good number of misplaced Islanders at the Jams so we're even learning some Hawaiian songs. Our social life is busy. IF we hadn't taken that cruise with ELUA that never would have happened and we wouldn't have booked that one if we hadn't enjoyed the one so much we'd taken with David Cole on the Island Princess.

I can't say enough good things about both David Cole and ELUA.

Cruisin Oldies

I hope someone from Princess is reading this thread.

LikeButton.jpg.875e914afe0d6d4c68dc799e5623b313.jpg

Thanks for the nice words, cruisers. This is Dave - I am on vacation through June 11th when I will return to Golden and work the Alaska cruises until the end of the Alaska season. I'll take another break in late September and return to the Hawai'i cruises the day before Thanksgiving - it's be the first time in 5 years that I won't be there for the start-up of Hawai'i! But I will be on for Christmas & New Year 2012, and am planning some great things for the season & the holidays!

David, we cruised with you on the Golden in March, 2008. When we couldn't get into Kauai, the captain did a sail-around the entire island. You got on the PA and gave us all a guided narration the entire way, which really enhanced our enjoyment of the gorgeous Na Pali Coast. Thank you so much!!!!

• 2 months later...

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. This is Dave, checking in (as I do once in a while). Currently, I'm on Star Princess having switched over after my vacation. The Hawaii season is in full swing, and the Aloha Spirit is alive and well on our "new" ship. I'm on with Elua (Dave & Leialoha), we're just at the back end of the third cruise of the season and things are going great. We look forward to welcoming our friends back for the season, and to making new ones this year! I'm on through late February 2014 (as of now - our full, finalized schedules haven't been posted yet, but I was given an off-date of Feb. 18th), though that might change. I offered to extend, or to take a short break and come back to finish out the Hawaii season on Star. Haven't heard the final word yet. Come sail - live the Aloha Spirit with us! Hope to see you all out here soon! Dave Cole, Cruise Director, Star Princess

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. This is Dave, checking in (as I do once in a while). Currently, I'm on Star Princess having switched over after my vacation. The Hawaii season is in full swing, and the Aloha Spirit is alive and well on our "new" ship. I'm on with Elua (Dave & Leialoha), we're just at the back end of the third cruise of the season and things are going great. We look forward to welcoming our friends back for the season, and to making new ones this year! I'm on through late February 2014 (as of now - our full, finalized schedules haven't been posted yet, but I was given an off-date of Feb. 18th), though that might change. I offered to extend, or to take a short break and come back to finish out the Hawaii season on Star. Haven't heard the final word yet. Come sail - live the Aloha Spirit with us! Hope to see you all out here soon! Dave Cole, Cruise Director, Star Princess

Hi, we were on the Star 10/21 - 11/5 GREAT cruise, many thanks.

Any chance you might send me a private email to bigeurospender at yahoo dot com? I need a little favor.

Thanks

al

Looking forward to sailing with you again. I was on the Sapphire Princess last year and enjoyed the cruise so much. I'll be getting on the Star in a couple weeks for another trip to Hawaii. You were very generous with your time answering questions from Cruise Critic people last year for my live thread. I'm looking forward to seeing Elua for the first time.

I do not know when the Hawaii season finishes but would love to have you on the Island through the Panama Canal in May We have cruised with you 3 times and always had a lot of fun

Edited by windsor26