CD David Cole

lmaron

Aloha - This is Dave Cole (SA Cruise Director). The answer to the question about me being on for the March 24th cruise is - Yes! I was meant to end my tour on the 24th, but have just been extended until March 31st, as we will be introducing the new "Anytime Entertainment" on that particular voyage on Sapphire. See you then. .

I have cruised to Hawaii twice on the Golden, and missed you both times! We will be on the March 10 Sapphire sailing and am very much looking forward to meeting you!

You said Sapphire is starting the..

Anytime Entertainment..is that

what is on the Emerald? Three

shows a night?

Do you know what other ships

are doing that now? Sounds like

(from others) shows to short and

they have taken entertainment

away from other rooms. Is that

right?

Sailed with you on the Golden, sorry

we won't be this time.

Phew we're on the March 10th sailing - I'd love to hear more about the "Anytime" entertainment schedule though - It seems to result in less variety of shows in the evening? i.e. one show repeated three times versus have a main theatre show and some other lounge shows?

...we will be introducing the new "Anytime Entertainment" on that particular voyage on Sapphire. See you then. .

I too missed you on the Golden to Hawaii but based on my Princess email I received today you'll be on our Sapphire cruise sailing on 3/3.

Could you share details about the new "Anytime Entertainment" Program? Is this only a test on a few ships or is it being implemented fleetwide?

After reading all the posts about David Cole he seems to be a CD with many loyal followers. I could only wish that my DW and I have a chance to meet him one day.

It is nice to see that he follows a board that is almost 2 years old. As a man who already has a busy enough day it is honourable to see that he takes from his free time for his "ship friends".

Andrew

After reading all the posts about David Cole he seems to be a CD with many loyal followers. I could only wish that my DW and I have a chance to meet him one day.

It is nice to see that he follows a board that is almost 2 years old. As a man who already has a busy enough day it is honourable to see that he takes from his free time for his "ship friends".

Andrew

I think it's a common trait for those who are either Hawaiian, or Hawaiian at heart to do such things. Elua's David is the same way & will reply from the Golden Princess where David Cole is normally with them during the Hawaii cruise season. The Hawaiian program on the Golden is so good maybe Princess decided to send David Cole to the Sapphire to make it's program the same as the Golden's.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a pre cruise Email from Princess saying that Billy Hygate will be our CD on the March 24th Sapphire cruise. Disappointed that David won't be our CD. I wonder if they are still planning on rolling out the anytime entertainment.

Just got a pre cruise Email from Princess saying that Billy Hygate will be our CD on the March 24th Sapphire cruise. Disappointed that David won't be our CD. I wonder if they are still planning on rolling out the anytime entertainment.

David's post on the 2/17 (post #73) indicates that he will be on your cruise..."I was meant to end my tour on the 24th, but have just been extended until March 31st, as we will be introducing the new "Anytime Entertainment" on that particular voyage on Sapphire".

Edited by Astro Flyer

I had read that on this thread but when we received the email from Princess it says Billy Hygate will be the CD.

I've received info from Princess via email notifications which wasn't accurate when we boarded including a different captain & CD so I'd trust David's post over the email info. ;) Talking to some of the performers, there will be a new group coming onboard to implement the Anytime Entertainment program on the Sapphire on March 24th.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 4 months later...

Although I have never met David Cole he seems like a folk legend around these parts - so much so I feel I really must experiece a cruise with him as CD ;) So... does anyone know? Is David still gonna be on the Sapphire on August 4th out of Whittier?

Although I have never met David Cole he seems like a folk legend around these parts - so much so I feel I really must experiece a cruise with him as CD ;) So... does anyone know? Is David still gonna be on the Sapphire on August 4th out of Whittier?

Received an e-mail from Princess he will be on our sailing July 28th B2B Alaska cruise. Reading previous posts-----he comes highly recommended.

Ciao

Ollie :):):):)

Received an e-mail from Princess he will be on our sailing July 28th B2B Alaska cruise. Reading previous posts-----he comes highly recommended.

Ciao

Ollie :):):):)

Then that means he will be on ours August 4th and you will too! Thanks for that info! I guess we should be getting an email from Princess soon for the August 4th sailing.

A short story for you, and I feel this is why Dave and company actually do make or break a cruise. We sailed the Golden to Hawaii and my aunt coordinated the Cruise Critic meet and greet. From the minute we stepped onboard, the feel we got from the cruise staff was that they were there to have fun, not an act, just genuine-we love what we do attitude. Dave and his sidekick Asst CD (dark haired chunky fellow-sorry) had fun funny entertaining wake shows every morning, not dull read the card and try to be clever wake shows.

Dave was visible everywhere and very comfortable in his environment. One day, did a live wake show in the Vista lounge and showed his ukelele and singing talents also having ELUA the onboard Hawaiian culture couple that are the epicenter of Hawaiian onboard activities and music, join him for a sing along. Good fun!

Towards the end of the cruise, my cabin phone rang and it was Dave Cole asking if our family would meet with the Captain and discuss the quality of our cruise with his staff. Good move in my opinion, hear it right from the horses mouths before we publish a review online and Princess looses a chance to repair any wrongs. We had no issues and offered an honest report in return.

As I type this thou, I'm not sure I like telling people ahead of time that they will enjoy this Cruise Director or that Cruise Director. Now the very critical spotlight is on that person, will the CD live up to someone's pumped up expectations?

Edited by MTJSR

• 1 month later...

We have recently booked the Hawaii cruise on the Sapphire that departs from L.A. on December 29, 2012. Does anyone know if we will be so fortunate as to have David Cole as our CD on that sailing? Fingers are crossed!! :)

Just wanted to share a story with you regarding David Cole. In 1997 we took our first cruise, we were a little apprehensive and anxious at the same time. At that time David was working on Celebrity's Century. David made us feel like we had been sailing all our lives, we will never forget that cruise because of CD Dave Cole. We have been hooked on cruising ever since. Then after switching to Princess we found out (on Cruise Critic) that David was now with Princess, made the move even more exciting. We have not sailed with David on Princess, but I'm sure we will again someday! Good luck on your new assignment David, you have a personality that lights up whatever ship you on!!!

• 4 months later...