SOJOURN ex Dover 20June 2010

MARIANH

We have just booked Sojourn leaving Dover UK for the Baltic 20 June 2010. Anyone else?

We enjoyed Odyssey December 2009 in the Caribbean; but were not enamoured with the vibration. Does anyone know if the problem has been sorted and if therefore Sojourn should be vibration free?

We have just booked Sojourn leaving Dover UK for the Baltic 20 June 2010. Anyone else?

We enjoyed Odyssey December 2009 in the Caribbean; but were not enamoured with the vibration. Does anyone know if the problem has been sorted and if therefore Sojourn should be vibration free?

Any issue of vibration on the Sojourn can only be known once she has had guests aboard.

Any issue of vibration on the Sojourn can only be known once she has had guests aboard.

Perhaps not necessarily. As I understand it Sojourn is the same design as Odyssey. If the Odyssey " problem" is in the design, it could be a feature of Sojourn.

Hence my interest in if vibration on the Odyysey had been identified and fixed. If it has, there is a reasonable assumption that Sojourn will be ok. Agree?

Perhaps not necessarily. As I understand it Sojourn is the same design as Odyssey. If the Odyssey " problem" is in the design, it could be a feature of Sojourn.

Hence my interest in if vibration on the Odyysey had been identified and fixed. If it has, there is a reasonable assumption that Sojourn will be ok. Agree?

The problem should not exsist on the Sojourn as I am told that the engines were installed and run at a much earlier stage in the build process.

It is not an inherent design flaw.

We hope all will be well with the new ship.and a lot of lessons will have been learnt from the Odyssey.

We will be joining you on this cruise. A couple of months ago, I was chatting on a thread about the vibration issues on Odyssey, and asking for advice as to whether this would be resolved on the Sojourn, and the replies were most helpful - but I am sorry to say I do not know how to find it!! Perhaps someone better informed can help!

We are also worried about this, and also about the trend towards children being taken on the larger ships.............

...and we are concerned about the trend towards more casual dress we are reading about on this site............

However, it is booked now, and I must admit, we are not looking forward to the holiday with the usual happy anticipation.....just keeping our fingers crossed.

Pipkins.............Relax, do not worry about kids, if there are any they will be well behaved.........vibrations........forget it. take your Tux, you and Mrs Pipkins will look and feel great and surprise surprise many if not most of your fellow passengers will also be formally dressed. Just keep thinking to yourself that you are going to be aboard one of the worlds most beautiful and luxurious ships, with an outstanding crew that will exceed all your expectations and will make you and all your new friends actually think you are Royalty.

Now if you want something to worry about..............worry about how you are going to feel a couple of days after you leave Sojourn, you are back home in cold wet Blighty and you are making your own breakfast and washing up your own dishes.

All of us on here know you will have a great time!!!!!!

Pipkins - I agree with rl787. There are unlikely to be many children on board, as it is not school holidays; there are scheduled to be several formal nights on board, and if we are lucky (and Seabourn less so!) the ship may not be completely full, as they have had to reduce the fares a couple of times. Anyway, we will do our best to behave like nice pleasant passengers for you to spend some time with if you wish!! And at least we will not have to worry about airline strikes.

Pipkins,If I lived in Lincolnshire,I coudn't wait to get away on holiday. :D

You will have a wonderful trip.

Just seen your usual witty response Lord. We too live in Lincs. and it can be quite pleasant at times. It looks as if most of us will be on this particular cruise, so you won't need to meet us if you don't wish to.

Well well well - we have only lived in Lincolnshire - and we like it!!!! However back to Sojourn - Lincs Lady - we have tried to contact you - but you know about the price adjustments, which is what we were concerned about......!

Feel a bit more positive. Thanks. :)

Hi Pipkins - I do remember you well but alas have forgotten your names. I don't wish to put my phone no. or email address on this site. However, re pricing - we booked some time ago, as I think you did. We booked via a well known agent in Berkshire (Hope this rings a bell) and when the price came down (twice) I phoned them and each time they were able to get Seabourn to honour the new price. I don't know if this helps, assuming you have not been able to get the reduction.

Hi Pipkins - I do remember you well but alas have forgotten your names. I don't wish to put my phone no. or email address on this site. However, re pricing - we booked some time ago, as I think you did. We booked via a well known agent in Berkshire (Hope this rings a bell) and when the price came down (twice) I phoned them and each time they were able to get Seabourn to honour the new price. I don't know if this helps, assuming you have not been able to get the reduction.

That well known Agent has told me in the past that most Cruise Lines will "generally" honour new prices if the details are exactly the same. In fact, although I have made many bookings with them, I booked this cruise through another well known Agent in Southern Engand. They boast that they will never be beaten on price.:)

We are concerned because we had paid in full for our cruise, THEN the price dropped. The agent say that Seabourn will honour the spoken agreement to let us have the new price, but we will not get a refund until after the cruise - which we are not so happy about.......hope I am not breaching any e-etiquette here!

No doubt somebody will let me know if I am.....;)

That well known Agent has told me in the past that most Cruise Lines will "generally" honour new prices if the details are exactly the same. In fact, although I have made many bookings with them, I booked this cruise through another well known Agent in Southern Engand. They boast that they will never be beaten on price.:)

So,what are you going to spend the £1 on?

We are concerned because we had paid in full for our cruise, THEN the price dropped. The agent say that Seabourn will honour the spoken agreement to let us have the new price, but we will not get a refund until after the cruise - which we are not so happy about.......hope I am not breaching any e-etiquette here!

A good agent will refund the money straight away.

The first reduction occurred before we had paid in full, the recent one just after we had paid and the agent say they are sending us a cheque within a week or so - I will post if this happens!! We will be able tod discuss agents when we meet on the ship.

The first reduction occurred before we had paid in full, the recent one just after we had paid and the agent say they are sending us a cheque within a week or so - I will post if this happens!! We will be able tod discuss agents when we meet on the ship.

Thank you - I remember from a conversation on Pride that we used the same agent on that cruise.

So,what are you going to spend the £1 on?

Wine, women and song.:D But hang on, Seabourn is AI - so no need. I am sorely tempted to launch into one of our amusing exchanges - except that our previous missives have been excised and I do not wish to be excommunicated. So back to topic. My reason for changing TA is not mercenary. I look forward to exchanging experiences around TA's on our 14 days sojourn on Sojourn. I do hope that none of the aforesaid breaches protocol or etiquette, is ultra vires or otherwise unconstitutional. Advice anyone?

Wine, women and song.:D But hang on, Seabourn is AI - so no need. I am sorely tempted to launch into one of our amusing exchanges - except that our previous missives have been excised and I do not wish to be excommunicated. So back to topic. My reason for changing TA is not mercenary. I look forward to exchanging experiences around TA's on our 14 days sojourn on Sojourn. I do hope that none of the aforesaid breaches protocol or etiquette, is ultra vires or otherwise unconstitutional. Advice anyone?

I can see no reason why we should not have a conversation when on board Sojourn - don't think Big Brother will be listening in! I was interested to see that somehow some of the stuff about vegetables had been removed - was this because it was off topic or possibly because one or two comments were on the sarcastic side? Naming no names.

As there is an Election soon here in the UK.Anything that you say will be taken with a large G&T

I suggest that you take the £1 with you to Dover and give it to the crew purser for the crew fund.

I will be on the Sojourn on the 20th but just for lunch,otherwise we could talk Wine, Women and Snog. ;)

I thought my Midsummer Nights booking on Sojourn was going too smoothly! I have just been going through the booking Confirmation Documents and have spotted the following - "Passengers wishing to disembark independently in Russia must obtain their own visa prior to travel". Does anyone know if this means that we have to get a visa if we temporarily leave the ship in St Petersburg - other than on an organised tour? On a first look, the visa application looks beaurocratic, awkward and expensive. Hope I am not panicking unnecessarily.

Yes you will need a special visa. Having got a reduction on the price of this cruise, we feel it gives us scope for booking the (probably quite expensive) tours!! We have been to St. P before, and do feel that if you really want to see the Hermitage properly you do need to go on a special tour, not the one probably specified by Seabourn. It does need a long time to see even some of the wonderful things there. This only matters if you are really interested in the works of art there.

Archived