Hotels in Rome HAL?

pbs55

Sail/ekerr19,

I first went to Sabatini in 1969 on my first trip to Europe. It is still there and still good, and the Trastevere area is special. Sabatini isn't in the Michelin Guide anymore. I agree with you - the red guide and the green companion for the sights are totally reliable no matter where you go. We always use them before, during, and after our trips and they have made a substantial difference in our experiences wherever we have used them. The Hotel Senato is still in the guide and that is how we found it many years ago. It has good review on tripadvisor.com also.

We had a wonderful dinner at the Taverna Trilussa Trastevere. The outside dining was spectacular and we look forward to visiting again during the summer 2006.

If you have the opportunity to stop in, the meal alone is very much worth the visit to Trastevere.

HALfan.......

I'm so happy to hear that Sabatini is still good. We have some wonderful memories of a number of fun evenings there during many trips to Rome.

I could not agree more with you about Michelin for Europe. They are so utterly dependable. It is rare when you rely upon their rating and do not find exactly what they represent the establishment offers.

Happy travels!!!

I am going to have to get myself a Michelin's guide to South America. I use Tripadvisor.com all of the time, as you can usually see a trend if it is a popular hotel. Of course some of those reviewers must be cruisers as well as they will complain about the horrible service when the restaurant closes at midnight and the like. :D

jc

Sorry, xpcdoojk.......

Michelin Guides are only for Europe.

(I seem to recall hearing they were going to expand to other regions but do not think they have done so-----yet.)

We would not dream of going to Europe without a current edition of the Red for Hotels and Dining........the Green for sights and tourist attractions.

Michelin has guides for parts of the US, Canada, Mexico, and Central America, published as Green Guides. But they also have some restaurant and hotel suggestions mixed in with the sights and in the back of the guides. Check on Amazon.com for a list of all they publish.

S7S and Halfan

You are unfortunately right. There are no guides by Michelin for South America. When I went to Amazon yesterday, it just listed the books I already have. (They did have some books for American cities like New York and a few others.) O well, tripadvisor.com still works. I bought the Green Michelin books back in the 80s when we first went to Germany and Austria, but I hadn't even thought about those books since, and we have been to Europe a few times including just last fall.

jc

Archived