NCL Kids Crew for 2 year old (while in port)

gkrnjlr

We're considering using the paid childcare while in one of the ports on our upcoming Alaska cruise. My question is - our daughter is 2 and is not potty trained. The excursion we're looking at is 5 hours. Will they change her diaper if we're on an excursion?

I know that I was told that we'll be given a pager to come change her diaper, but what about in an instance like this where we're off the ship for 5 hours at once?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

I could be wrong and hope that others chime in...but I am pretty certain that NCL does not change diapers. We are going on the SKY in early April and I am almost positive I read something about this. I am thinking that they give you the pager and you have to come change the diaper. Again, I could be wrong. I am sailing on April 5th, so I can tell you for sure after April 9th.

Yes! Please do keep me informed. Thanks so much for your help on this!

I'm REALLY curious about what happens if we're on an excursion and can't get back to the ship?

Thanks again!

I'd be even more curious about what would happen if there is an emergency and you cannot be reached or get back to the ship - five hours is a really long time, especially for a two-year-old.

We're considering using the paid childcare while in one of the ports on our upcoming Alaska cruise. My question is - our daughter is 2 and is not potty trained. The excursion we're looking at is 5 hours. Will they change her diaper if we're on an excursion?

I know that I was told that we'll be given a pager to come change her diaper, but what about in an instance like this where we're off the ship for 5 hours at once?

Thanks.

From the NCL website:

"We are not able to change diapers or pull-ups, but we leave you with a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay onboard when their children are in our Youth Program."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

Best,

Mia

Yes! Please do keep me informed. Thanks so much for your help on this!

I'm REALLY curious about what happens if we're on an excursion and can't get back to the ship?

Thanks again!

Sorry to tell you, but this is on NCL's website:

We are not able to change diapers or pull-ups, but we leave you with a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay onboard when their children are in our Youth Program.

That pretty much says it all. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!! :(

Thanks.

NCL will not allow a non-potty trained child to be in the club unless one parent stays on board to change the diapers. My neighbors had this problem and decided to take their daughter with them on the tour. Sorry, I hope this doesn't ruin your plans.

Thanks for posting this information! Doesn't ruin the plans at all. We were torn on whether or not to try Kids Crew during an excursion or take an alternate excursion that was was similar that she could go along with us on. We actually just booked the one that all of us could go on. Thanks again for the help! These boards have always been very helpful.

Archived