What accessories/shoes with this dress?

Sailaways_

thanks to inspiration from this board, I went thrift shopping for the first time last week. best advice EVER! I never even thought of thrift shopping before, but I'm so glad I did! OMG, so many finds! I had no idea. it's almost like hunting for a gem in the dozens of racks. I found this white sequin cocktail dress ($9!) that I'm planning to wear on formal night. normally I only wear long gowns for formal night, but I'll make an exception for this because it's so beaded, it wouldn't fit on a normal night.

the dress (I had a pic of myself wearing it but I'm too nervous to share it :o it's really pretty on though!):

DSC00609.jpg

Closeup:

DSC00612.jpg

soo, what color shoes should I wear with this dress? I have silver, bronze, and gold glitter dress sandals (they're all identical) or black dress sandals. also, what type of accessories? I'm thinking white, but maybe I should wear something with a pop of color to stand out. would it be too much to wear a pearl necklace with a white dress? I'm cruising on sunday, so any help is much appreciated.

thanks guys! :)

Lovely find, I go to those places all the time.

And timing is everything to find a real good bargain.

I get hugo boss dresses, hilfiger, london fog,and dry cleaning cost more than the item. hahaha

As for your dress it is lovely, as for the necklace, make it simple, not to over powering, just my opinion

thanks to inspiration from this board, I went thrift shopping for the first time last week. best advice EVER! I never even thought of thrift shopping before, but I'm so glad I did! OMG, so many finds! I had no idea. it's almost like hunting for a gem in the dozens of racks. I found this white sequin cocktail dress ($9!) that I'm planning to wear on formal night. normally I only wear long gowns for formal night, but I'll make an exception for this because it's so beaded, it wouldn't fit on a normal night.

the dress (I had a pic of myself wearing it but I'm too nervous to share it :o it's really pretty on though!):

DSC00609.jpg

Closeup:

DSC00612.jpg

soo, what color shoes should I wear with this dress? I have silver, bronze, and gold glitter dress sandals (they're all identical) or black dress sandals. also, what type of accessories? I'm thinking white, but maybe I should wear something with a pop of color to stand out. would it be too much to wear a pearl necklace with a white dress? I'm cruising on sunday, so any help is much appreciated.

thanks guys! :)

i would go with the gold sandals and if you have one a single string of short pearls and pearl stud earings. yes the thrift shops are a bargain my sister and i just bought brand new tags still attached hand beaded evening dresses for our up coming cruise for a song the original price tag was still on mine $669 i paid $30. hope you have a lovely time you will look stunning in that dress looks real elegant and quality

Great job on the thrift store find!! wooo hooo!!! Love those kind of deals.

As for accesories, I dont think Id wear a necklace, except like someone suggested a set of pearls. {fake at walmart can be bought for cheap or ebay for like 5 bucks} Earrings for sure{gold} and maybe a simple bracelet.

Shoes, Id go for the gold ones you have already. Maybe you could show us a pic of them...But then again Ive been known to spend more on the shoes than an entire outfit. like buying great shoes for an outfit that was a handme down from a friend.

With a dress as pretty as that one, less is more.

The gold shoes will go with the gold-tones in the dress....and since there's so much ON the dress, I'd do earrings, maybe a ring or two and a small bracelet, if that!...no necklace.

I agree - no necklace. It looks like there are already pearls around the neckline. I vote for some drop earrings.

Really nice dress and I would do a pearl necklace since there seem to be a lil bit of it on the dress. If your doing that then silver shoes would be best. I dont really like gold and pearls together...Its cheezy..Lol Always match your accessories with shoes silver/silver, gold/gold If you are choosing between those two..DO NOT DO BLACK...It will thro it all off...Whatever you choose will look great. :D

thanks everyone, you guys rock! and thanks for all the compliments on the dress, too :D I'm really looking forward to wearing it!

based on the popular vote here, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the gold sandals. as for jewelry, I'm still debating. :o I always wear small gold hoops in my ears (I'm allergic to anything that's not gold) so they don't close up, so I will probably keep those in. I do have a simple single strand of pearls from my grandma, so if I wore a necklace, it would be that one. I hope that's not overdoing it too much!

@CJW - here's a picture of me in the dress, if that helps. please forgive the chub, it's a white dress :eek: I have brown hair, brown eyes, and medium skin that tans easily (though in the pic I'm pretty pale, blame winter!) whatever advice you can give based on that, I'd be sooo grateful! the whole seasons thing confuses me, heh.

DSC00605.jpg

thanks everyone, you guys rock! and thanks for all the compliments on the dress, too :D I'm really looking forward to wearing it!

based on the popular vote here, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the gold sandals. as for jewelry, I'm still debating. :o I always wear small gold hoops in my ears (I'm allergic to anything that's not gold) so they don't close up, so I will probably keep those in. I do have a simple single strand of pearls from my grandma, so if I wore a necklace, it would be that one. I hope that's not overdoing it too much!

@CJW - here's a picture of me in the dress, if that helps. please forgive the chub, it's a white dress :eek: I have brown hair, brown eyes, and medium skin that tans easily (though in the pic I'm pretty pale, blame winter!) whatever advice you can give based on that, I'd be sooo grateful! the whole seasons thing confuses me, heh.

DSC00605.jpg

Gold shoes sounds good, so yea do gold accessories, you have nice hair, I'd curl it..And You look GREAT in the dress! Have fun and Enjoy!:D

OMG, girlie! So NOT chub! Look at that waist! You look great in the dress! Love it!

Sailaways!

First of all, I totally agree with Misty!

There is no chub there!

You look absolutely beautiful in that dress.

It fits you so well!

#1 You should jump in on that thread anyway, and just have fun with it!;)

#2 I've got actually a lot of cool ideas for you and shoes and accessories now that I see you and the picture!

But...

Just to confirm my ideas for you

When your "brown" hair is in the sunlight

Do you see any Gold or Red tones in there?

Or does it shine more Ash tones?

Hopefully you can let me know that, then I'm gonna hit you up with a bunch of cool shoe ideas!:cool:

@RosiesCruising & mistyinca - thanks guys! you're very sweet. :) the idea of curling my hair makes me laugh a little...my hair can't hold a curl for anything! I've curled it maybe 5 times in my life, and every time, even with a pound of hairspray, it falls out. so, a little curl would be nice, but it's kinda hopeless, lol.

@CJW - thank you for the compliment! I think my brown hair has red tones in it. my mom has reddish brown hair, and she swears I have red "highlights" in mine. quite frankly, I think it's plain old brown! :p does that help?

Lordy mercy! Honey, you are HARDLY a chub at all. Im jealous,matter of fact! If you already are wearing gold hoops, then its one less thing to pack.

Personally, I wouldnt take my Grandma's pearls though. Id be too paranoid that Id break or loose them.But Im a mindless clutz,lol.

You are gonna look STUNNING,you hear me?;):D:p

The dress is BEAUTIFUL and YOU are beautiful in it!!!!

I would wear white, fabric, heels (peau de soie), they are dyeable shoes that are not shiny satin). Then I would wear a very simple pearl or gold necklace and simple earrings to match.

Whatever you wear will be beautiful! :D

Va va va voom! You need nothing else. You have the fab dress and you have the fab body. Your gold shoes, the rings currently on your fingers, and small earrings if you have them (gold post or pearl). If not, no worries your hair covers your ears. With all the money I just saved you in having to buy anything, the ship hair stylists are pretty good in doing things to hair one thinks can not be done. Book early though, as the up-do stylists get filled up quickly for formal nights. Have a great trip!

coka

This beautiful dress SCREAMS for gold shoes, in my opinion. The dress itself has so much "bling" that only simple gold jewelry (or gold/pearl jewelry) is all it needs. Lucky you to have found such a treasure.

the idea of curling my hair makes me laugh a little...my hair can't hold a curl for anything! I've curled it maybe 5 times in my life, and every time, even with a pound of hairspray, it falls out. so, a little curl would be nice, but it's kinda hopeless, lol.

I can't add any more help than previously posted but I can empathize with the hair! I have the same problem!!

Love the dress and it looks great on you.

Archived