Insurance: The Journey Begins

Pam in CA

Pam, thanks for sharing your experience with this rather complex claim process. We are currently going through a much simpler situation for a fraction of the money but its comforting to see that we aren't out of step with how other claims are handled or in how long it takes.

I'm very happy this all worked out, we'll always remember the time on board with Nancy, Jim, and you. We hope to find outselves on another ship with Nancy and you.
Brian, thanks. :) We enjoyed meeting you and hope to cross paths again. :)

Pam, thanks for sharing your experience with this rather complex claim process. We are currently going through a much simpler situation for a fraction of the money but its comforting to see that we aren't out of step with how other claims are handled or in how long it takes.
I hope it all works out for you and I'm glad that by sharing our experience, it de-mystified at least some of the elements of travel insurance and helped people know a bit more about what to look for and decide what's important to them.

The party last Saturday was fabulous! Over 100 people showed up who knew Jim from many walks of life, from business associates, friends, fellow Rotarians, etc. to a childhood friend from elementary school who flew across the country for the day; even the waitress who served him almost daily at the White House in Laguna Beach (they have the BEST eggs Benedict in the world!) My sister was afraid it would be maudlin with people crying and she'd have to console them; it wasn't. It was a true celebration of an interesting man who touched the lives of so many, and was a tribute to his character and desire to help others.

You are such a valuable member of CC..ALL of your posts are important and helpful...and especially THIS one!! What a difficult time you and your sister have had! And I am so sorry for the lost of your BIL.

We have had several very "small" experiences with travel insurance..eg..lost drugs because of stolen luggage (long story!)..and a major cut on Kenneth's hand while on land after a cruise, but before returning home...and it has always been a long process...thank you for sharing what has been a horrific experience, I'm sure. So glad you have those great plans to celebrate your BIL's life while on the "high seas"...a great ending, to what I'm sure was a great life on earth!! LuAnn

Archived