Do away with cabin stewards

islahopper

At the end somebody's gotta clean it up..and a week of some peoples mess would just not be cool...:D

If the cabin stewards only came in at the end of the week the room would be so pitted out it would take them much more time to get the room in shape than it does to keep it up daily. Man I'm so not into dirty towels and unmade beds. :eek:

I make my bed everyday, but sometimes not until the end of the day - like 3 hours before I crawl in it again. There's just something about a made bed that makes you want to crawl in it. Who wants to vacation in a messy room, dirty bathroom, and a gooey shower? That's no way to live. Keep the cabin stewards!

Here's a comparison. On the vacation we take with the kids each year we usually rent a house or a condo. That means even though I'm on vacation I am cooking, cleaning etc for 6 people, just like at home. When DH and I take our cruise together someone else is doing the cooking, the cleaning and for once I actually get a real vacation. A time that other than cleaning up after myself (putting my dirty clothes away etc) I don't have to lift a finger.

Priceless I say :D

This is why we don't do the condo thing any longer. Family would be sitting by the pool, and I would still be concerned that everyone had breakfast and lunch, still grocery shopping, doing dishes, laundry, etc. We would go out to dinner every night, that was a treat.

And not that I want to sound like I'm complaining; I feel lucky that we did those condo vacations, but after the taste of my first cruise in 2006, I really like a week of being pampered.

Last year on the Miracle. God bless that Steward. DW and I kept our cabin pretty tidy.

DD and her friend (both 17) in the cabin across the hall YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that room would have looked like Grey Gardens if tey didn't come in twice a day.

They always had a smile on their face and never complained. there wasn't enough I could over tip them.

I'd gladly pay someone $3.50 a day to clean up my bedroom and bathroom at home each morning and evening. I think it is a bargain.

"I was on a cruise, got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, when returned my bed was made." :p

I make my bed everyday, but sometimes not until the end of the day - like 3 hours before I crawl in it again. There's just something about a made bed that makes you want to crawl in it. Who wants to vacation in a messy room, dirty bathroom, and a gooey shower? That's no way to live. Keep the cabin stewards!

I can be a slob, not dirty, but a slob. I can honestly say that my shower has never been "gooey." Ewww! LOL Of course I only shower about once every other week, so... I keed, I keed. i shower at least weekly ;)

I can be a slob, not dirty, but a slob. I can honestly say that my shower has never been "gooey." Ewww! LOL Of course I only shower about once every other week, so... I keed, I keed. i shower at least weekly ;)

Is that what attracts the chipmunks? :eek:

Yes keep the cabin stewards!!! We rented a cabin in the mountains 2 years in a row and who did all the housework while everyone else relaxed and was on "vacation"? :( me!

I would MUCH rather go on a vaction where I didnt have to do the things I already do on a daily basis!

I agree with every other poster regarding the choice of any cruise over a land (condo/house) vacation:):):). Whether one is a male or female homemaker, home keeper or house cleaner...........this is why we LOVE cruising. If one is the daily cleaner the only TRUE vacation is one without cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, dish washing, etc. I love cruising and think the OP must be joking.:D

When we vacation at our normal vacation home we have to make food lists, go shopping, cook, clean, make sure everyone has everything they need, and do various other things that come up.

While I love doing this, my cruise is a different kind of vacation and I like to keep it that way! I pay more money so I don't have to cook and clean and take care of everyone! I don't think I would go if that changed. I would just do an AI at that point.

I got up this morning looked at my unmade bed for the sixth day in a row, showered and used the same towel I've used all week and it got me to thinking. Why do we have to have the room cleaned twice a day, towels changed daily, bed made? I don't do this at home, I can fold my own towel animal, I can go up on deck and fill my own ice bucket, I can trade a dirty towel for a clean one on deck if needed. So are cabin stewards needed? If the cruise line was to cut them out, would it make a difference?

Dont even think about it I love the cabin steward

Yes keep the cabin stewards!!! We rented a cabin in the mountains 2 years in a row and who did all the housework while everyone else relaxed and was on "vacation"? :( me!

I would MUCH rather go on a vaction where I didnt have to do the things I already do on a daily basis!

Years ago my dad had the opportunity to buy a vacation bungalow/cabin for a steal. It wasn't very far from home we could use it alot , great place for the kids, great place once my parents retired BLAH BLAH BLAH. My dad was all hepped up on the idea.

The guy even let us use it for two weeks to decide.

After 2 weeks of cooking three meals a day, shopping , cleaning, washing and drying more towels and bathing suits then she cared to see in a lifetime. My mother told him if he buys this place, him and his next wife can have a great time and mail her a postcard down in Florida *LOL*

The reason I'm going on a cruise is to be pampered for one week out of a year! Please don't get rid of them! And I have no idea how to make a towel swan, pig, elephant, etc.! :) This is why we are going on a cruise, it's FUN!

As far as the twice a day cleaning if you don't reuse towels then you either need it or you have towels piled until the next day so in that case yes I need it. Otherwise no I don't need my cabin cleaned twice a day. Mid week pics of our cabin look just like first day pics of our cabin and so do the last day pics. I never leave anything out and expect my steward to put it up for me. Everything is put in it's place before I leave the room.

Ok once I left a pair of panties on the floor that I dropped and didn't notice. When I got back they were nicely folded on the bed. Thank God they were clean and even new :p

I got up this morning looked at my unmade bed for the sixth day in a row, showered and used the same towel I've used all week and it got me to thinking. Why do we have to have the room cleaned twice a day, towels changed daily, bed made? I don't do this at home, I can fold my own towel animal, I can go up on deck and fill my own ice bucket, I can trade a dirty towel for a clean one on deck if needed. So are cabin stewards needed? If the cruise line was to cut them out, would it make a difference?

What is that noxious odor???:D

Can you say,,,,,,,,,,M.O.L.D?:p:eek:

Archived