Dash Sale

gakawgirl

just called NCL requesting the $75 OBC for our 7 day W. Caribbean on the Sun in Dec 2010. was told the sale only applied to suites and villas. don't think that is what their site stated but what do you do? I also reminded them that when I booked last week I said I would be shopping for my own travel ins. at that time the vacation planner said she would put Travelguard at $89 pp on my booking anyway so I would be locked in at their price in case I could not find some cheaper. today she tells me I could get other ins. but it would not cover us if anything happens onboard ship--that only ins. purchased thru NCL would. my existing health ins covers me out of the states so would that not apply? if this is true why would anyone purchase their own travel ins?:confused:

My guess is what she meant was you would be responsible for paying the bill for onboard medical care upfront and then you would have to submit the bill to your insurer. If you have NCL's insurance you wouldn't have to do that. My third party insurance does cover medical expenses that are more than what my regular medical insurance covers.

Archived