Regatta suite #7078 vs laundry room?

jimlssi

If the door to stateroom 7078 is closed, you will not hear any noise outside related to the laundry room nearby. You will most likely not notice any congestion outside your stateroom due to the laundry. I know several people who have stayed in this stateroom.

Rickey Cruz

We were in 7078 for 26 days (up the Amazon and back). Believe me, nearly everyone used the laundry in that amount of time. You will never think about the laundry when your door is closed. When you go out in the hall, you may see friends. Sometimes you may notice the warm odor of the dryers when you are passing the laundry. Understand that everyone forward to the front elevators on the Port side will also pass by the laundry on the way to the aft elevators, so you won't notice anything different than the rest of them.

The best thing is that you can peek out and see when the laundry is available, then dash out to stick things in the washer. I'd take that cabin again in a heartbeat.

Our friends who stayed there in September hold a different opinion. Passengers were talking in the laundry room with door opened, and the conversational noise level was quite disturbing to them. Despite management putting up a sign on the laundry room door to ask guests to close that door, it remained propped open by passengers who chose to ignore it as the temperature inside laundry would build up especially when dryer was being used often . So it depends on the makeup of the passengers. If they want the door open, they should stay quiet.

We are new to Oceania and booked in 7081 on the Nautica. On the ship map, it doesn't have the laundry marked. 7083 is available. Should we move?

7081 is on the Starboard side. The entrance to the laundry is on the Port side. Unless you walk to the other side of the ship, you will never know there is a laundry. We also had 7085 on one cruise.

Our friends who stayed there in September hold a different opinion. Passengers were talking in the laundry room with door opened, and the conversational noise level was quite disturbing to them. Despite management putting up a sign on the laundry room door to ask guests to close that door, it remained propped open by passengers who chose to ignore it as the temperature inside laundry would build up especially when dryer was being used often . So it depends on the makeup of the passengers. If they want the door open, they should stay quiet.

I'm not sure what difference this makes. As long as the cabin door to 7078 is closed, no sound reaches the interior of the cabin. I think there could almost be a brass band in the hall and it wouldn't be heard. Granted, in the few moments when one is in the hallway, one is aware of the laundry. However, as I remarked, that is true for almost everyone on the Port side of deck 7 who passes the laundry room on the way to the aft elevators. The aft elevators are the best way to reach any of the dining venues.

Besides, the laundry room is almost like another social center. We met most of the entertainers, the lecturers and others using the laundry. We even had an impromptu party there -- when someone brought a bottle of wine along, and we shared it from plastic cups.

I suppose if you never want to see anyone, it would be a bad location...

There is reason that you would need to move from 7081. The entrance to the laundry area is on the port (left) side of the ship, not on the side of the ship you will be on, starboard (right).

Rickey Cruz

I actually meant to say NO reason that you would need to move from 7081. You are still very close to the laundry area in 7081 if you would like to use it, but far enough away that you will not even notice it. Just cross over to port side where the staircase is and you are practically there.

Rickey Cruz

Archived