Multiple Emails (periodically) for a single reply!

Tom-n-Cheryl

For at least a couple of years, and it happens almost daily for me, I will receive multiple email notifications in my inbox (hotmail) for ONE reply to a thread. A vast majority of the time, there will only be one. But each day I see duplicates ... sometimes as many as 4 to 6 for a SINGLE post!

This only occurs with email from Cruise Critic, and no other sources - thus it is my "expert" ( :rolleyes: ) opinion that the fault is not with hotmail, but rather something with CC.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Tom

Tom, I have also received multiple emails but I was thinking it may happen when the OP edits their original post. Just a thought.

Linda

HI GUYS!! Long time no see!!!

It appears to be independent of edits from what I can tell. I am surprised more people are not indicating that it has happened to them!

OT - we just booked Jolly Mon (St. Thomas) for our Solstice sailing in May, we are taking our son and 3 of his friends. Not only that, but when I checked Cruisecal.com to see what other ships were going to be in port with us... there were NONE - not a big shock for San Juan, but we also stop in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, where we will be the ONLY SHIP IN PORT. How amazing is that! The Solstice was in port when we were there on the Dream (and so was the Oasis). It would appear that the Solstice is mixing it up a bit, and will be going eastern when those other two biggies are heading western! :)

Tom

It appears to be independent of edits from what I can tell. I am surprised more people are not indicating that it has happened to them!

OT - we just booked Jolly Mon (St. Thomas) for our Solstice sailing in May, we are taking our son and 3 of his friends. Not only that, but when I checked Cruisecal.com to see what other ships were going to be in port with us... there were NONE - not a big shock for San Juan, but we also stop in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, where we will be the ONLY SHIP IN PORT. How amazing is that! The Solstice was in port when we were there on the Dream (and so was the Oasis). It would appear that the Solstice is mixing it up a bit, and will be going eastern when those other two biggies are heading western! :)

Tom

Reporting in :D, Sir!

Yep - happens to me too....more often with the roll calls - but I have had with the regular threads too :(. Does not seem to be any ryhme or reason to it that I can figure out.

An sometimes I do not get any notifications, at all :(

Is this related to Carnival threads only or all CC threads?

All forums (at least those which I peruse)!

Reporting in :D, Sir!

Yep - happens to me too....more often with the roll calls - but I have had with the regular threads too :(. Does not seem to be any ryhme or reason to it that I can figure out.

Thanks for that report.. so noted! Now, return to duty mister! ;) :D

Tom

Tom

What has it been....3 weeks? :D Hopefully we will cruise together again!

Well I see you edited your post and I only received one email so that proves my theory wrong!

I heard about your next cruise from Cheryl (on FB - which btw you should join :)) That will be so nice to be the only ship in port. I will definitely look at that before we book our next cruise!

Linda

I heard about your next cruise from Cheryl (on FB - which btw you should join :)) That will be so nice to be the only ship in port. I will definitely look at that before we book our next cruise!

Linda

Cruisecal.com is a handy site. There is a fee for it, but it is a bit more user friendly and up-to-date compared to a few others I have seen.

Before your next cruise drop us an email, and I can look up the info for you if you like! (Just don't tell Brian - cruisecal, I don't make a habit of that) !! :eek:

Tom

I have chosen not to receive any emails pertaining to my dopey posting habits. :eek:

Well see... this supports your decision. Otherwise your inbox could become clogged with a PILE of CC notifications! :D ;)

Tom

Well see... this supports your decision. Otherwise your inbox could become clogged with a PILE of CC notifications! :D ;)

Tom

I have a special section for the time out ones. Those are like a badge of honor. :p

I have a special section for the time out ones. Those are like a badge of honor. :p

Interestingly enough -- I just received TWO simultaneous identical notifications of your reply!!! :D

(perhaps it only double notifies me when the posts are especially important... LOL !)

Tom

Cruisecal.com is a handy site. There is a fee for it, but it is a bit more user friendly and up-to-date compared to a few others I have seen.

I'm admitting full guilt to this thread hijack (and hoping Tom won't sue me :)), but . . .

I've been using the iPhone/iPod Touch full version of the CruiseCal application, and it does a rather splendid job. Plus, you pay just once for the app, and then it's yours forever and ever amen.

app name = iCruiseCal

I should probably add something here about the e-mail duplication question, right?? :o

I'm admitting full guilt to this thread hijack (and hoping Tom won't sue me :)), but . . .

I've been using the iPhone/iPod Touch full version of the CruiseCal application, and it does a rather splendid job. Plus, you pay just once for the app, and then it's yours forever and ever amen.

app name = iCruiseCal

I should probably add something here about the e-mail duplication question, right?? :o

Since we're hijacking, scanner911 is well worth the 99 cents. :p

• 4 weeks later...

STILL happening - and it has for YEARS.

Anybody "in power" at CC who can look into this?

I am sure this is about as LOW ON THE TOTEM POLE as it gets... because if the board does not crash due to this problem... it's "not a problem" ! :D

Tom

Archived