Pride out of Baltimore

ladycaveat

One of our Ports is Half Moon Cay. Has anyone been there? Is there anything to do other than water sports and sun bathing. While I love both, I won't be taking a bathing suit on this cruise (first time ever). Though I fully intend to get off the ship, was just wondering what to do when one doesn't plan a "beach day."

That's a tough one. It's pretty much just a small island with a beach. You can always walk the trails through the island and there is a very small market of 4 or 5 stores. There is also a picnic pavilion where lunch is served.

It's one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen, but if you aren't going to be doing the beach thing or some kind of watersports/excursion there's not much else to do.

We have been to Half Moon Cay and we are NOT beach people at all.....but it is by far our favorite island so far.

We got chairs under shade trees and just sat there. It was so relaxing!!!!

I did walk around the island to make pictures. The photo opps are amazing there.

One thing we really liked was that Carnival actually brought lunch on to the island for everyone. My husband is diabetic so we didn't have to worry about rushing back to the ship to make sure he had a good meal. It was taken care of right there.

If you enjoy it half as much as we did, you will be very pleased with the experience.

One of our Ports is Half Moon Cay. Has anyone been there? Is there anything to do other than water sports and sun bathing. While I love both, I won't be taking a bathing suit on this cruise (first time ever). Though I fully intend to get off the ship, was just wondering what to do when one doesn't plan a "beach day."

Well, I have no idea why you're not bringing a suit so not sure if what *I* would do even makes sense to you. But if I couldn't wear a suit for whatever reason, I would still hang out on the beach!!! Eat, drink, sit in the shade, read my book, blah blah blah!

When we cruised HAL last January, one of the ports was HMC. It was gorgeous! Unfortunately, it rained most of the time we were there. So we were cold and soggy! Thankfully we had rented a clamshell cover, so that kept the bulk of the downpour off us. We brought books and read under our damp clamshell. We had swimsuits on (under other clothes!) but didn't use them at all.

I've been to a lot of Caribbean beaches and HMC was the nicest I've ever seen. It's absolutely gorgeous. If you're ever going to just do a beach day that's the beach to do it at. The sand was like walking through flour!

Thanks ya all! I've read so much about HMC and without exception, everyone has said it's one of the most beautiful beaches ever. I won't be wearing a bathing suit for health reasons but I do intend to sit in the shade and take in the beauty and lots of pictures. Was just wondering if there was anything non water related to do when on the island. Doesn't sound like there is but I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter what.

Archived