Spring Break Cruising

mnchec

I don't think it will be that crowded because even though it's Easter week, it's 2 weeks after Easter that school vacation starts this year, April 16th. That is going to be the busy week with the highest number of older kids.

In Texas spring breaks are in early March. Our kids are out for the summer by about May 21. So spring break can be almost any time!

When we were at the hotel in Key West, an apologetic employee informed us that now colleges are spreading out their spring breaks so that not all schools are off on the same week. One year before booking a Mexico cruise, I randomly checked websites for several Southern California schools and school districts to see if we could avoid spring break and ended up going the second week of February (taking our daughter out of school then, bringing a week's worth of homework with).

I cruised last easter/spring vacation with my 4 kids on Sensation last year, this year we are crusing Imagination, but only taking 2 kids (the little ones get to spend some time with grandma this time).

Had a blast, it was fun with all the kids around. They like being pampered like mom. :o

As Dianne said above, Spring Break can cover a very large period of time. And is it spring break for the elementary, middle and high schools...or spring break for colleges? They're often different. Our k-12 grade schools have spring break the week before Easter, ending the monday after. We went on a cruise last year during that week with our then 15 year old daughter and her friend. There were 600 kids on board, most of them teens. A lot of people had complaints because they were all over the place, but my girls had a fabulous time and we really enjoyed all of the kids we met. Yes, there were lots of them, but most of them were well behaved. Of course, you can always get a couple who ruin it for everyone...but that goes for the adults too. So, if you have a kid, take a chance on spring cruising, if you don't have any or just want to avoid numbers, try an off season trip.

Archived