To those already sailed, if doing it over again, what cabin would you choose?

I was just wondering for those of you who have already sailed on the Oasis, now that you have experienced the layout and size of the ship, what area would you choose to stay if you had to do it all over again. If you go on the Oasis again (or the Allure) and you have already cruised the Oasis, where will you book the second time and why?

We were on deck 7 aft, not too far off the port side elevators. The location was ok for easy access, as long as you remembered to use the aft port elvators...something we learned the hard way on the first day when we followed the touch screen directions and went up and down the hallways instead of going up or down a to a deck with a crossover! The furthest walk most of the time was to Adventure Ocean, it's off of the forward elevators, and since our youngest loved AO, we made that trip often. Somehow it didn't seem as far if we were on the Promenade doing the walking vs the hallways. We are considering another Oasis class cruise, maybe even the Allure inagural, and other than getting an OV balcony (which our last was) location didn't matter to any of my family members, getting back onboard was top priority.

All that said, we did a cabin crawl with my roll call, and saw all of the different balcony options (though not all the suites, darn!) and any of the interior balconies would not be my choice. They seemed noisier with the slider open and even keeping the sheer curtain closed I could see into the cabins across the way enough that I wouldn't be comfortable in one. The very end ones on the Boardwalk did offer a view of the Aqua Theater, that might be the only one to tempt me in this decision. The Aqua Theatre suite was to die for, it was bigger than my first apartment!

We were in a balcony on Deck 6 near the Aft elevators. I loved this location and would stay here again. We walked around the corner and the entrance to the Boardwalk was right there. The Donut shop provided my morning coffee on Sea Days. Also right there is the Royal Promenade. Just go down one flight of stares and you were on it. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be on some of those middle floors that would force me to always take an elevator. However, the ship is beautifully designed. i can't imagine too many cabins being a complete pain.

I was just wondering for those of you who have already sailed on the Oasis, now that you have experienced the layout and size of the ship, what area would you choose to stay if you had to do it all over again. If you go on the Oasis again (or the Allure) and you have already cruised the Oasis, where will you book the second time and why?

We had an 11th deck central park balcony. While it was all right, I consider it a mistake we won't make again. It didn't feel like we were on a cruise ship, which is probably what RCI was going for with that particular cabin type.

The perfect stateroom for us would be an outside balcony stateroom, close to the elevators and on the same deck as central park. This way we could see the ocean from our stateroom buy have easy access to central park, which was one of our favorite places to hang out. Park Cafe was also one of our favorite resaurants for lunch. As it is, we have an 11th deck D7 booked on Allure for next January. It's not the perfect location for us but, it's close enough.

We went on the Oasis in Feb and did a back to back one week on Central Park balcony cabin and the other week in a D1 cabin - no comparison I'd get a ocean view every time, so much so i've now booked on the Allure for May 2011 and booked a D1 on deck 8. Previously we have been on deck 12. Loved Central Park but not the balconies...Hope this helps you make your mind up!

TIGGERMAN101...we are staying in the same location. So glad to hear a good review. Can you tell me what cabin you were in? There are no reviews on our particular cabin. Was your bed near the balcony or bathroom? Thank=you

We were in 6252. It was right at the end of the Aft hump and next to a Grand Suite. Our bed was against the closet with the couch by the balcony. That was the only thing I didn't like. The closet was hard to get to, but it wasn't a big deal. As I said, I loved the location as it was very convenient to a lot of stuff (Promenade, MDR, Boardwalk). Have fun and take your time to explore the ship. We had a blast going down all four main stairwells checking out the art work. It is a beautiful ship.

The reason why I asked is that I have already been on the Oasis and stayed on the Boardwalk way aft. We loved it so much so DH now wants to go again either on the Allure or the Oasis. He loved the location and I thought it was great, but a little far out so that is why I am asking before I make a decision. I love reading everyone's take. You can visualize it unless you have been on it and that is why getting the perspective of people who have already been on it, is frankly, priceless. thanks so much.

The reason why I asked is that I have already been on the Oasis and stayed on the Boardwalk way aft. We loved it so much so DH now wants to go again either on the Allure or the Oasis. He loved the location and I thought it was great, but a little far out so that is why I am asking before I make a decision. I love reading everyone's take. You can visualize it unless you have been on it and that is why getting the perspective of people who have already been on it, is frankly, priceless. thanks so much.

I will have that location in October for a B2B. I do not have first hand experience but I think since you can still see the water it would be a good location...at least that is how I am rationalizing it.

I booked those cabins right when the bookings opened up. After I decided to go on the Oasis inaugural and choose deck 6 oceanview balcony (actually it was chosen for me as it was a guarantee balcony) two or three cabins away from the aft elevators. I loved that location as the previous poster said. Promenade was 1 deck below and minimal elevator use. I would choose it again and have for my Allure booking.

We will see if that opinion changes after my October cruise. I love the traditional aft cabins of the other RCI ships.

We were on deck 7 aft, not too far off the port side elevators. The location was ok for easy access, as long as you remembered to use the aft port elvators...something we learned the hard way on the first day when we followed the touch screen directions and went up and down the hallways instead of going up or down a to a deck with a crossover! The furthest walk most of the time was to Adventure Ocean, it's off of the forward elevators, and since our youngest loved AO, we made that trip often. Somehow it didn't seem as far if we were on the Promenade doing the walking vs the hallways. We are considering another Oasis class cruise, maybe even the Allure inagural, and other than getting an OV balcony (which our last was) location didn't matter to any of my family members, getting back onboard was top priority.

All that said, we did a cabin crawl with my roll call, and saw all of the different balcony options (though not all the suites, darn!) and any of the interior balconies would not be my choice. They seemed noisier with the slider open and even keeping the sheer curtain closed I could see into the cabins across the way enough that I wouldn't be comfortable in one. The very end ones on the Boardwalk did offer a view of the Aqua Theater, that might be the only one to tempt me in this decision. The Aqua Theatre suite was to die for, it was bigger than my first apartment!

We are sailing Oasis in November and have 2 Junior Suites. Could not get connecting Junior Suites and had to get 2 on deck 7 on opposite sides of the ship. Is there a crossover on Deck 7? Thanks.

We had the good fortune to be on Oasis for a pre inaugural, naming ceremony and the first two revenue sailings. Had a D-2 for the pre inaugural and naming cruise. Had a PR cabin on the 4 day and Inaugural. Loved all three cabins, however the PR cabin was under park Cafe and tended to hear the chairs scrapping the deck all the time. That said, since we weren't in the cabin much it didn't bother us. I'm taking DD and her BFF on Oasis for their graduation next May and we have a hump JS booked. #8236. If anyone has some input on this cabin, I'd like to hear it.

We had cabin 10666 and 10064. Once you get past the idea of the room number I loved the location soo close to the aft elevators. I have never been so close to the elevators and I would book it again in a minute. We are going to be booking Allure for next year, but this location was not available.

We are sailing Oasis in November and have 2 Junior Suites. Could not get connecting Junior Suites and had to get 2 on deck 7 on opposite sides of the ship. Is there a crossover on Deck 7? Thanks.

There is a crossover at the forward elevators, the aft ones begin the entrance to the Boardwalk, our mistake was taking the starboard elevators,m on most of the other floors it's not an issue. I had wanted connecting JS, but either there weren't any or they didn't sleep 3, I never knew which it was.

Archived