leaving in the am.Not packed yet

bestresp

So I have been following CC for so long now and haven't posted much so just a quick question. For those of you that live close to a port (30 min from Tampa) Do you wait until the morning of the cruise to pack? I should be packing but instead I'm on CC.(I know non of the info I have gotten is going to change overnight)Well enough of my addiction issues.Anyway I just wanted to thank all that post on CC.The info has been priceless if not amusing.We booked Gerry for Cozumel and I will post about the when we return.He came highly recommended by you guys.I will also let you know how the smuggling goes as I am a beer drinker.Well I this point I think I am writing to avoid packing or I have hit of to much of my smuggled goods so you guys enjoy your Monday at work while I will be swimming with the stingrays with my son who watches to much discovery channel and swears he will get stung and die.(I will also let you know how the bribery on that one goes)Thanks for letting me rant.

I usually pack a few things early on, always with the intention of being fully packed in advance. Then what usually happens is I start packing with a vengenance around 1 am (when we usually have to be out the door around 5 am to head to the airport). No matter how many times I promise I won't do it that way, I do :D

Have fun on your trip!

NuNu,

Know I am not a guy but my husband will probably start packing when he hears the car start in the morning. I guess it's a guy thing. But what really gets me is when you arrive at your destination, he will always ask "why did you forget to pack my (whatever)".

NuNu,

Know I am not a guy but my husband will probably start packing when he hears the car start in the morning. I guess it's a guy thing. But what really gets me is when you arrive at your destination, he will always ask "why did you forget to pack my (whatever)".

It's a mans world. :p

We're leaving in the morning and also packing in the morning... After so many cruises, it becomes a bit easier and I have this great motto "If I forgot something, I'll just have to buy another one on the ship or at the next Island"....

We do get up extra early the day of the cruise, pack, go to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and get to the Port early..... Whereas most people fly, we think of this as the beginning of our vacation since we only have to drive about 40 minutes...

I'm jealous!!! Your on the east coast and close to alot more ports. We have the SunshineSkyway in our way hindering alot a of ships from leaving Tampa.

We looked at cruises from the east coast but it it just so convenient to leave from Tampa. Off the ship and you are home in 30 min.

Thats nothing last May me and my daughter went on the Inspiration ( we live outside of Orlando ) I was having to drive to a laundromat to dry the rest of our cloths for the cruise the morning of ( problem with home dryer) that is the only time I have packed the day of :-) I usually pack shampoo and things like that a week or 2 out but cloths usually a few days before.

I have some random things packed into the nested suitcase pile. But the main packing will take place the day before. But if I know I'm going to take it and I don't need it until then, it goes into the pile.

Also, I am gradually building up the toiletry bag.

I keep a toiletries kit perpetually packed - I hate hunting around for all that stuff right before I'm going somewhere. Otherwise, I pack the day before I leave.

why even pack. Just grab your passport and the clothes on your back. I have always wanted to do a last minute cruise like that lol. Just grab a toothbrush, passport, trunks and flip flops and head out the door. :D

What an absolutely FABULOUS idea - I'm traveling solo on Freedom this fall and now I'm so thinking about this...

And just think, there are some people who start packing a month before they leave.

My parents do that....

DON

For those who are wondering, I am know awake and packing. I will post a review when I return.

And for those who might be doubling (is that a word???) wondering, I too am now awake, packed, a cup of Dunkin' Donuts in my hand and about to leave....

So I have been following CC for so long now and haven't posted much so just a quick question. For those of you that live close to a port (30 min from Tampa) Do you wait until the morning of the cruise to pack? I should be packing but instead I'm on CC.(I know non of the info I have gotten is going to change overnight)Well enough of my addiction issues.Anyway I just wanted to thank all that post on CC.The info has been priceless if not amusing.We booked Gerry for Cozumel and I will post about the when we return.He came highly recommended by you guys.I will also let you know how the smuggling goes as I am a beer drinker.Well I this point I think I am writing to avoid packing or I have hit of to much of my smuggled goods so you guys enjoy your Monday at work while I will be swimming with the stingrays with my son who watches to much discovery channel and swears he will get stung and die.(I will also let you know how the bribery on that one goes)Thanks for letting me rant.

So, I guess the fact that I start vacation in 91 days, and have broke out the suitcases and have tried to put outfits together, this far in advance, would you call me READY for vacation?

Have a great time!:rolleyes:

So, would you say that I am READY for vacaction, I have taken out the suitcases and have started putting outfits together to see if there is any cruise shopping I need to do.

Have a great trip

Archived