Jury's Inn or Terminal 4 at Heathrow?

We're trying to decide the simplest and most cost-effective overnight stay close to Heathrow at the end of our cruise. We are a party of 3 - my husband and I and my 83 year old father, who is suggesting that we stay right at the hotel at Heathrow which I assume is either the Hilton or Sofitel....which are both at terminal 4? We leave out of terminal 3 at 10 a.m. the morning after our cruise debarks in Southampton. If my husband and I want to do a quick trip into London, it would seem Jury's Inn would be handy to the tube and all. Is the Hoppa bus reliable? Especially in the early morning when we need to get back to the airport? Or would it be better for the 3 of us to hire a car to get us there? If we stayed at a terminal 4 hotel, would it be a chore to get to terminal 3 and/or London from there? I'm clueless as to the layout of Heathrow and would love some advice.

We're trying to decide the simplest and most cost-effective overnight stay close to Heathrow at the end of our cruise. We are a party of 3 - my husband and I and my 83 year old father, who is suggesting that we stay right at the hotel at Heathrow which I assume is either the Hilton or Sofitel....which are both at terminal 4? We leave out of terminal 3 at 10 a.m. the morning after our cruise debarks in Southampton. If my husband and I want to do a quick trip into London, it would seem Jury's Inn would be handy to the tube and all. Is the Hoppa bus reliable? Especially in the early morning when we need to get back to the airport? Or would it be better for the 3 of us to hire a car to get us there? If we stayed at a terminal 4 hotel, would it be a chore to get to terminal 3 and/or London from there? I'm clueless as to the layout of Heathrow and would love some advice.

The only proper hotels where you can walk to a terminal at Heathrow is the Hilton at Terminal 4 and the Sofitel at Terminal 5.

There are no hotels near Terminals 1 and 3. Needless to say the Hilton and Sofitel are the most expensive hotels on the airport.

If you want to go into London on the tube the Jurys Inn is the best choice if cost is a big factor in your purchasing decision and it should be at least half the price of the Hilton/Sofitel. The only hotel transfer door to door between hotel and terminals is the Hoppa Bus that costs 4 GBP per person each way and I think only runs hourly to the Jurys Inn. From Terminal 4 a taxi to the Jurys Inn is less than the 12 GBP of the Hoppa Bus.

You can take the local bus to Hatton Cross Underground free, but with luggage you've then got 600 yards to drag your luggage.

Archived