Shopping Question

GamecockAl

We will be on the NCL Jewel 4/4 stopping in Roatan, Belize City and Costa Maya. She is interested in buying a digital point and shoot camera to replace an older model. Some Caribbean ports, like St Thomas, have good prices on cameras and I'm curious if Belize has any decent duty free shopping (cameras in particular). I've researched and can't find much about shopping in either of these 3 ports so I'm posting this question on all of them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

None of these ports have the electronics and camera stores like the Eastern C ports. You may find a shop or two in the port areas, but not in the towns, at least close by. Probably a store or two in Belize City. But I wouldn't know where. If you stop in Cozumel, you'll have some better luck.

Thanks for asking this question. I too am interested in shopping and on a similar itinerary, Belize City, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. Does any one know about handi crafts and jewelry shopping? We are thinking like OP that it doesn't sound as "shopping opportunistic" as the eastern iten.

Thanks for asking this question. I too am interested in shopping and on a similar itinerary, Belize City, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. Does any one know about handi crafts and jewelry shopping? We are thinking like OP that it doesn't sound as "shopping opportunistic" as the eastern iten.

Plenty of handcrafts and jewelery in all 3 ports. In all three pier areas. And along the malecon in Mahahual (Costa Maya). Cheap cab ride from port. Look for the wood carvings in Belize in the Tourist Village.

Archived