QM2 Translatlantic Passenger Ages

ThunderCuba

I am curious as to whether youngsters like myself (27), often make the passage. I have not been able to find demographics for the QM2, so I don't know if the crossing I am scheduled to make in April will have anyone as young as myself onboard.

I've been curious as well. We are sailing on Cunard for the first time on June 9 and wonder what the makeup will be that week. I'm 45, and have no idea what to expect in terms of the demographics. I've seen that it is a "generally" older crowd of folks, but not sure whether there are still plenty of people in all age categories all the same.

Still, getting very excited - even though it's still 4 1/2 months away!

Paul,

I've searched through the old posts here, and "googled" for the info, but I agree that its just tough to come up with. I understand that Cunard is trying to draw a younger crowd with the Nightclub, but it is more a matter of curiosity than anything else.

I'm going to have a great time no matter the age my fellow cruisemates!

Were doing a transatlantic in october and we're 27, although hubby will turn 28 whilst onboard and I'm 24. Do I qualify for best wife in the world as I am paying for everything.

We always have a great time on a cunard cruise.

i did two transatlantic crossings on QM2 in october and november and found a pretty wide deiversity of ages. true, most people were older but there were plenty of people in their twenties, thirties and forties. the important thing to remember is no matter what age, everyone is on board to share the adventure of crossing the atlantic on a cunard liner.

I agree that having fun is "ageless". Most people who travel are young at heart and are there for the fun and adventure. I have done QE2 and QM2 and I personally don't focus on the age thing. I have had some wonderful times and conversations with older passengers. But I see a wide range of ages. And the nightclub is a hopping place!

Thunder, when will you be crossing in April? We will be crossing on April 22, and we are 40 and 43. I totally understand your curiosity about the age of fellow passengers. We love people, period, all ages ect. And we also like to party while on vacation, meaning gambling, dancing, listening to music ect. We have found that on 2 week cruises, there are generally many more older people, and on the shorter cruises, there seems to be a larger group of younger people. We were on Celebrity for 2 week, and I must say that most of the time the Disco was empty, but we still found a group of people who were late nighters. I think will all of the Formal nights (4 out of 6) that people will want to party a bit.

By the way, are flying straight back, or going to London?

We did the QM2 tandem crossing with QE2 in May04.

At 33years and 28years, we felt we were the youngest people on the ship. From what the crew said, the average age on QM2 had been very high up to that time.

Most people were 40+, less younger people than on QE2.

Transat and Twinkletoes (great name!),

It was mostly a matter of curiosity, just wondering what to expect. Even if there are only a few couples or singles my age or thereabouts, it could provide a more intimate experience. But at the same time, being able to hold court with an octogenarian who's been around the world, that would certainly be a learning experience.

To answer your question, I will be on the 10 April New York to Southampton crossing. I am not flying directly home to the states, but have arranged to have my flight delayed for a month so that I can travel Europe and the UK.

Which reminds me, will there be an opportunity to ship clothes and souvenirs home from the ship, or will I need to plan on that when we make landfall?

• 3 weeks later...

Thundercuba,

I'm doing the crossing on April 10th too. I'm 31 and going with my husband who is 44 and it's our first cruise. Initially I was concerned that we might not "fit in" onboard if most poeple were going to be much older - but reading these message boards makes me realise how much I have in common with other people who go on cruises.

Now I just cant wait to get there and share the experience!

Let me know if you want to meet up for a drink onboard.

tree29

Archived