spirit crew

cruisemama69

Ive read good reviews on cc about the crew on the Spirit recently. Does anyone know if the crew changes when the ship changes itineraries? Spirit will start sailing in Alaska in May and we sail in June. Just curious if we would have mostly the same crew.

also does anyone know if spirit offers the Behind the Fun tour?

thanks!

Im hoping that the crew turnover is simply based on each employees contract with carnival and not the itenerary change. everything ive read about the spirit and its crew is fantastic and that would suck if it changed with a complete crew changeover. and as far as the behind the fun tour, I hope they offer it, cuz I wanna do it in august

Just off the Spirit last month, and the crew was FANTASTIC!! I don't think the crew changes with the changing itinerary. They all have contracts that expire at different times. Our assistant waiter was leaving the ship the same day we disembarked, and after some time off, he was going to be assigned to a different ship. Our favorite server in the Atrium lounge, Aleks, had only been on the Spirit for a couple of weeks. He had been on a different ship before that. So I think they all have a contract and when it's up they move on, but they don't all switch at the same time.

Behind the Fun tour: they did have it on our sailing, and several of our friends went on it and thought it was great.

We did the Behind the Fun tour in November. It was great. There is a lot of walking but one in our group used a cane and had no trouble. Some of the stairs were a little steep. This tour usually sell out quickly so if you want to do it I suggest signing up as soon as you board.

Im hoping that the crew turnover is simply based on each employees contract with carnival and not the itenerary change. everything ive read about the spirit and its crew is fantastic and that would suck if it changed with a complete crew changeover. and as far as the behind the fun tour, I hope they offer it, cuz I wanna do it in august

That's exactly the case... as contracts expire folks leave... new folks come on. The WORST thing you could so to a ship is change out the entire crew in one swoop...

:)

We went on the free tour "Tour of the Ship" a few hours after we boarded the Legend last year and it was just a way to get everyone to the spa so they could sell you treatments. Is the Behind the Fun tour legit or is it also another way to sell things?

Archived