Wet-n-wild Tour Is The Best!!!!!

NICOLE628

I just returned Sunday from the Elation and by far the cave tubing tour with Wet-n-wild was the highlight of the cruise. Marvin and his staff a very friendly and professional. Ask for Charlie and Junior as your guides- They Rock!! If you go you have to do the cliff jump into the river- what a thrill! We had plenty of time for the tour and lunch-which is included in your price- The food was awesome!! I am so glad I booked with Marvin and his crew.

You have the choice- the other way of getting in is one of the guides is in the water and you have a rope that you hold on to while they get you situated into your tube. Very safe and easy! But I am glad I jumped:)

didn't mean to freak you out- sorry!

Nicole -

Did you have any problems getting a confirmation from Marvin? How long did it take you to get your confirmation? We put in a reservation through ecotoursbelize.com last week and have not received one yet. We also tried calling the phone numbers listed on that website and cannot get through.....it tells me it is not a working number.

Our cruise leaves next week and we have heard all good things about Marvin and Wet and Wild. I'm just getting nervous that we may not have reservations.

Thanks in advance for your info.

Jodi

scubadaze- I got my confirmation within 24hrs. Marvin did tell me that at one point his email was putting all of the unrecognized email addresses in a delete file- I can not remember what he told me to do to make sure that does not happen. I wish I could help you more but it has been so long ago that I do not have that email anymore. Sorry:(

cruising_daisy- the water was a little cool at first but once you got in you got used to it. I was not shivering or anything. I hope that you enjoy your trip and your weather is a lot warmer than ours was- we had 70 degree days on the ship and in the ports. They laughed and said they were having a cold front:)

Nicole,

We are booked with Marvin and his gang for our April cruise aboard the Miracle. I had just a couple questions. Our group ranges from an 8 year old to a very active 70 year old. How was the walk with the tube? and you said that you entered the river with a rope...will it be okay for the 8 year old and 70 year old?

How was the ride and the walk...did the guides chit chat and such to make it interesting or did you just visit among yourselves?

Can't wait. Hope it is going to be as much fun as it sounds...

Chelle

erRN2be- Yes the guides talked. On the ride there they gave you the background of Belize- very interesting. On the walk they talked about the flora and fauna and made it a very interesting walk. It is about 45 minutes and there are a couple of spots that are a little more rough and a little more steep than most. The 8 year old should be able to handle it but someone may need to carry their tube. As for the 70 year old, I do not know how to answer that because I do not know what the limitations are for them or how active. I personally did not use the rope I jumped off the cliff, but the rope is in the water and so is one of the guides holding your tube and basically you use the rope for leverage to back into the river to sit in your tube- very easy and uncomplicated. They will ask you to put the lifejacket on the 8 yr old whether or not they are a good swimmer. We had an 8 yr old in our group and they made her wear hers. Also Charlie the guide stayed with her and helped her guide her tube through the river- I think he hooked him self on to hers so she wouldn't get away from the group. Overall I am very pleased at the attention they gave our group. If possible ask for Charlie and Junior for your guides. I think our group was a larger one- we had 18 total I think. Everyone was from our ship so it was nice. I hope you have a great time and if you have any other questions please ask and I will try to answer as best I can.

Nicole

Thanks for the info...I cannot wait for the excursion. I am glad to know that the guides will be extra helpful with my 8 year old. I have 2 13 y.o.s also going, but they will be fine. My grandmother (the 70 year old) will have no problem doing the walk, might be a little hard for her to carry the tube during the walk, but I'm sure she will manage. She is very active and walks all of the time for miles and miles at her art conventions.

I think we are all wearing "old" tennis shoes that we can just throw away after the trip. We are going to bring a change of clothes and shoes for the ride back.

Did you change at the van or at the resteraunt?

What did they have to offer for lunch? My 8 y.o. is very picky, so I thought about packing him a few snacks in my bag, do you think they would be offended if he ate those while the rest of us ate the lunch?

Chelle

Did you have any problems getting a tender off the ship and meeting your guides? It is my understanding that you can just show your confirmation for an independent tour and be allowed to take a tender with the Carnival tours?? Also, assume that Belize was an hour behind ship's time? Any problems getting back to the tender? What time did you get back?

Also, for the woman who posted about taking snacks, there probably will be signs everywhere when you leave the ship about not taking food off of the ship. We tried it a couple of times and were asked to throw it away. There were garbage cans right there and they were full! I think the menu for lunch is chicken, rice, beans, coleslaw, etc., correct?

Is this something a non-swimmer can do? I swim, the future hubby can dog-paddle (he says). I wanted to scuba in Belize but since he cant swim then I am having to find something else for us to do. It'll be tough being in Belize and notdiving but....since it's the honeymoon, I guess I best stay w/ the hubby:)

For the future DH who doesn't swim, this should not be a problem. Plus you stay in your tube the entire time and you have life jackets. He shouldn't be worried, ths is not a swimming excursion.

The van ride there is about 45 minutes. On the way back, you go about 15 minutes and stop for lunch. Then the remaining 30 minutes after lunch. We changed at the restaurant and the restrooms were very nice and clean. We were back at the pier with an hour and 15 minutes to spare before the last tender back to the ship.

As far as snacks go, you can't take anything off the ship. However, usually the guides stop for a quick potty break at a local gas station/convenience store and some people in our group picked up some snacks there. The lunch is what was listed earlier and it is delicious! No one will be offended if your son decided he would rather not eat it though. Belize has a very layed back atmosphere and you will enjoy every minute of your visit there!

Crusinhs is right on everything she said! You do not have to worry about anything and the atmosphere is so laid back you can't help but to relax. As for the tender off the ship- They give you a time and a place to meet the night before the Belize stop in your Capers- read it and you will know exactly what to do- not a hard process at all- I do recommend getting there about 15-20 minutes ahead so that you can get the ticket for the first tender off the ship- no they do not hold those for the ship excursion people. I got mine right away and was on the first boat out and made it to shore with plenty of time to meet our group. We happened to be Central time because of daylight savings so boat time and Belize time was the same. The tour operators thrive on your business so they are very aware of the time frame you are on. Please do not let that issue keep you from doing the tour- it is such an amazing thing.

Nicole

Yes, Wet-n-wild is awesome! Junior was our guide when we were there in October & he was excellent. He answered all of our questions, whether they related to his own life or his country. The food was very good at Amigos - try the limeade!

I really liked Belize - hope to go back someday! :)

? as to why Marvin has not responded. He has responded to me quickly everytime that I have sent him an email. However, I have had the same problem with a company out of Grand Cayman. It seems that everyone else has just had wonderful luck with them, however, because of their awesome reviews I still decided to go with them.

I would try to email Marvin again and also check your spam mail. Sometimes I have heard of people's computers sending their mail to spam mail because it does not recognize the email addy.

Good luck...

Chelle

We have been disappointed as we have not hear back from an e-mail to http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/ for several days. :confused: Other posts say he responds in 24 hrs. We have time as we won't be there until late March but this is making us wonder if we should pick another company???? Any advice?

The address I used was cavetubing@yahoo.com - and I heard from Marvin the next day.

Archived